to ask my new cleaner to change bedsheets?

(9 Posts)
GinThief Wed 22-Jun-16 14:46:32

My health is detiorating week on week and the housework is really starting to become a struggle. To the point it's not getting done some days.

I've worked out we could afford a cleaner once a fortnight. One thing I am really struggling with is changing bedsheets due to reduce mobility.

Would you think I was odd to ask a cleaner to do this? Not sure if this task is within a cleaners remit?

Goingtobeawesome Wed 22-Jun-16 14:47:20

You can ask. If they don't want to look for one who will.

flanjabelle Wed 22-Jun-16 14:47:37

I think it's fine. Just provide the clean sheets so she doesn't have to go looking for them and waste time.

Mimicat44 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:49:42

I think cleaners in hotels use gloves when handling sheets and towels so as long as you provide the cleaner with some then I don't see how this is unreasonable. I'd do it.

Pinkheart5915 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:49:47

My cleaner changes the bed once a week, when she started we spoke about the tasks I wanted her to do and asked if she was ok with my list she was. She's been with me about 3 years now and it's never been a problem.

When you employ one you normally give them a list of what you'd like done, include changing the bed on that list.

icanteven Wed 22-Jun-16 14:54:17

Changing the sheets is on my top 5 list of things that the cleaner should do, and it would never enter my head that they would not do it. They (I have a couple who come in and blitz the place once a week and they're fabulous) change the sheets - including the children's bunk bed - every week.

Changesofmind Wed 22-Jun-16 14:54:51

My cleaners change the bedding if we leave fresh sheets out, it's never been a problem!

GinThief Wed 22-Jun-16 14:59:25

Glad to here it's not a totally crazy idea.

Would leave out sheets etc so no problems there.

Now I just have to find a cleaner, relatively new to area so no friends to ask for recommendations.

GinThief Wed 22-Jun-16 14:59:56

hear*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now