AIBU to think this is rude

(22 Posts)
painauchoc04 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:35:25

I was standing on a busy tube platform this morning just behind the yellow line. Out of nowhere this bloke comes along and stands directly in front of me leaving an inch of room between us like I didn't even exist.

I use the tube almost every day and have never done that to anyone else or had it happen to me.

Was this very rude behaviour or am I being over sensitive?

PPie10 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:47:58

Er of course it's rude, why would you think otherwise. He was arrogant to treat you as invisible.

FuzzyScuzzbucket Tue 21-Jun-16 18:55:26

Yes it was extremely rude!

Birdsgottafly Tue 21-Jun-16 19:00:11

It's rude, I'd have been more worried if he would had stood behind me, though (I've watched too many horror films).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 21-Jun-16 19:01:41

You use the tube everyday but have never had someone stand really close to you?confused

Think you must be having a bad day flowerswine

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 21-Jun-16 19:04:19

Yes it's rude, but it's a busy platform. We don't have tubes here, but bus stop can get busy at times, and you have to carefully position yourself sometimes, so that you're not too close to the next person.

This sort of thing is par for the course on very busy tune platforms, I seem to recall.

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 21-Jun-16 19:04:34

*tube

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Tue 21-Jun-16 19:13:53

Rude bugger !

painauchoc04 Fri 24-Jun-16 19:46:31

PPie10

Well it's a public space so I cant really tell people where to stand. I just assume people have enough decency to not do things like that!

painauchoc04 Fri 24-Jun-16 19:48:36

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen

It wasn't that he just stood closely next to me. He stood directly in front of me like I wasn't there so he could get on the train first. Most people stand by your side or in front of you when you're quite far back from the yellow line.

painauchoc04 Fri 24-Jun-16 19:55:21

TheDowagerCuntess

I completely get all of that! But it was the strangest thing how he just plonked himself in front and I felt like I couldn't say a thing about it.

VashtaNerada Fri 24-Jun-16 20:00:42

That happened to me once. It's completely wrong but I think some people who are new to the tube don't know the etiquette and do things like that without realising. It's like people who are last at the bus stop but get on the bus first angry

Pearlman Fri 24-Jun-16 20:08:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elodie2000 Fri 24-Jun-16 20:11:58

I'd have tapped him on the shoulder and accidentally trod on his foot.

Sallygoroundthemoon Fri 24-Jun-16 20:13:41

Very rude.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 24-Jun-16 20:14:56

we used to do this as students...we'd noticed some city-type guy would always always stand in the exact same spot every morning, he'd get vexed if someone even caused him to deviate from his usual route along the platform and this spot meant he could usually get on before everyone had got off and bag himself a seat

we'd all line up so he couldn't do it, but after about a week he started to look so furious we got a bit worried he might crack and shove one of us under the train so we migrated to the bus for a bit grin

OzzieFem Fri 24-Jun-16 20:23:45

Try sneezing on his neck.

Arborea Fri 24-Jun-16 20:26:39

I am visibly pregnant and there's a bloke on my usual train who does this so he can get on the train first if the driver doesn't stop in the usual place. There are a couple of rude women who used to do the same, but they have backed off a bit as I have started to show.

The odd thing is that there's generally plenty of seats, but I guess he's a bit anal about where he sits or something.

n0ne Fri 24-Jun-16 20:26:48

OMG, this gives me the rage! I hate when people stand directly in front of me. It's like they feel they're more important then you, plus you're forced to look at them. How hard is it to move a foot or two to the side?

LadyIncuntliaButtock Fri 24-Jun-16 20:28:15

I would have picked my nose and wiped it on his back.

abbsismyhero Fri 24-Jun-16 20:29:05

cough "productively" then wipe his jacket and apologize

thecatsarecrazy Fri 24-Jun-16 21:28:36

I got to the bus queue after work, it was a long one and as the bus pulled up a bloke with a stick marched right up to the front and got on. Someone moaned on the bus but didn't say anything to him. I mention the stick because he didn't touch the ground with it and moved quicker than I can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now