to want them to take their roach filled console back asap??!!

(4 Posts)
BeeMyBaby Tue 21-Jun-16 10:48:26

Basically on thursday, a certain manufacturer sent us a refurbished gaming console to replace our faulty one, but when dh returned home and opened it up, he found it had a fair few dead cockroaches. He complained on thursday evening, I called to chase it up on friday morning, friday evening and Monday evening. Its now Tuesday. I've said my number one priority is that they remove it (we have also offered to post it and to take it ourselves to their help centre). They have told us we just have to wait. AIBU that this is not satisfactory customer service? We know they are dead but feel there may be a small possibility that there could be live eggs.

scarednoob Tue 21-Jun-16 10:49:30

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow. kill it with fire.

YANBU to tell them that.

Chloe1984 Tue 21-Jun-16 11:04:06

I'd expect their normal procedure for items that need to be returned would be for their own arranged courier to collect it, the fact that there are cockroaches in it (?) would make no difference to this. It would be very unusual for you to arrange the courier, so I'd sit back and let them do so. I'm guessing that they are not going to invade your house, put it inside another box if you are worried about any escaping.

BeeMyBaby Tue 21-Jun-16 11:14:11

We said we were not comfortable with it in our house so they said it was fine for us to stick it in the garden in the rain, so thats where its been since friday, but obviously there is then the risk of theft.
With the faulty one they sent us a label and we returned it that way, however they said they don't want us just to send it to them incase someone opens it up and there are live eggs in it and they end up with cockroaches. Its also all pretty time sensitive as we are going abroad in less than 10 days for over a month (school holidays).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now