To tell my sons mother it's non of her business?

(58 Posts)
ProundParent2009 Sun 19-Jun-16 18:59:03

To cut the long story short, I am a full time daddy and carer to a beautiful little man.i am a stay at home parent so I can support my son (7) around the clock with all of his additional needs.

My sons mother has seen him a hand full of times ( she handed him over to me the moment he was born) and after many years of no contact at all fhe court told her she could only see him supervised ( she agreed .. Then refused)

Today we were out with " friends' when I told them we planned to have a take away with little man and chill and watch a film... Somehow this has got back to my sons mother who has sent me a rather horrible text saying how dare I give HER son a take away, he isn't allowed one and he should be only eating healthy ( he eats lots of fruits and veggies daily!) and that I am a terrible parent and that she must be the only one who cares about him( even though she doesn't see or ask about him!)

AIBU to say it's non of her business what I feed him? She hasn't seen him for a very long time and hasn't even asked about him ( no Xmas card from her or anything) and that she should keep her nose out?!

Ps I don't give my son take aways often, it's often when we have one its a treat!

icanteven Sun 19-Jun-16 19:01:15

Ignore. Don't even dignify her comment with a response - seriously, she is just trying to wrong-foot you and get you "apologising" to her, and deafening silence is the only sensible response.

Noonesfool Sun 19-Jun-16 19:02:24

I wouldn't respond at all.

Farahilda Sun 19-Jun-16 19:03:10

I think that's probably a message to ignore.

Any idea why she has become interested in your DS after so many years?

OurBlanche Sun 19-Jun-16 19:05:01

Maintain radio silence... watch that old Bruce Dern film Silent Running, you'll get the idea smile

PurpleDaisies Sun 19-Jun-16 19:05:29

That's a really odd text for a totally disengaged parent to send.
Ignore it.

Gide Sun 19-Jun-16 19:07:21

Agree, radio silence. I don't know how she dares send you this message!

2nds Sun 19-Jun-16 19:07:32

I'd respond with a quick "it's not up to you", and leave it at that. Sometimes people need to be told the truth.

Arfarfanarf Sun 19-Jun-16 19:07:44

not responding is the most appropriate course of action but my god I'd be tempted to send her pics of 5 children and say "if you can pick your kid out of this line up then for the rest of his life I'll feed him on organic produce from waitrose served on bone china plates carried to him on silk pillows by unicorns while angels play their harps."

Bloody nerve of her.

She's the one who refused to look after him because she 'doesn't do nappies' while you had a very very rare day out, isn't she?

PortiaCastis Sun 19-Jun-16 19:08:31

She doesn't sound disengaged how did she find out.
Ignore the text anyway

blueskywithclouds Sun 19-Jun-16 19:08:48

I wouldn't respond. I would feel confident that you are a good parent and she has no idea what your parenting is like. Don't rise to it!

pictish Sun 19-Jun-16 19:09:02

What a loon.
I'd not respond to her, but if you must you could simply reply, "Don't be silly."

calamityjam Sun 19-Jun-16 19:11:12

I remember your last post op. Ignore her she's not worth the cost of a text. Bitch.

calamityjam Sun 19-Jun-16 19:11:52

Your last thread I should've said.

HermioneJeanGranger Sun 19-Jun-16 19:12:45

She doesn't sound disengaged

Someone who doesn't send their own seven year old a Christmas card is the very definition of a disengaged parent!

AgnetaTheViking Sun 19-Jun-16 19:15:43

Ignore the text and then re-evaluate your 'friends'.

TheWitTank Sun 19-Jun-16 19:16:48

Agree with PP -don't answer. It's not worth getting wound up over. She's a shit parent, has no idea about your son's diet or lifestyle and it just spoiling for a fight. Enjoy your takeaway!

fitzbilly Sun 19-Jun-16 19:19:17

Yes ignore the text, she is not worthy of a response.

And distance yourself from these'friends'.

Chillyegg Sun 19-Jun-16 19:23:14

The mature sensible thing would be to not text back.

I would personally rip her a new one and ask why the fuck she thinks she has a say when she clearly really doesn't give a shit.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 19-Jun-16 19:26:24

Ignore. I'd be rethinking your friendship too.

WeekendAway Sun 19-Jun-16 19:27:11

It sounds like she's trying to goad you into a row. Ignore her. I know it will be hard and you will want to send all sorts of shirty messages back, as ChillyEgg said but that's what she wants, to get a reaction from you and open up a dialogue where she will just spout venom to make you feel crap.

If you really want to piss her off and get the upper hand just totally ignore her.

trafalgargal Sun 19-Jun-16 19:27:19

You could reply with "who is this ?"

branofthemist Sun 19-Jun-16 19:27:47

Delete the text and ignore her. And I would want to know which of your 'friends' told her you plans for the evening.

dramalamma Sun 19-Jun-16 19:29:22

Blimy - I'm seriously fanatic about healthy food and even I wouldn't begrudge my kid having a take away on Father's Day when his dad looks after him all the time! She's being ridiculous and I think I'd just ignore. Enjoy your take away!

bigsnugglebunny Sun 19-Jun-16 19:29:39

What a shame you never got her text eh OP? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now