help needed - changing meds

(9 Posts)
AngryTigress Fri 17-Jun-16 20:03:38

I've been to the doctor to request a change in antidepressant meds.

They've given me a new prescription but said I need to be off other meds for 3 days before I start new ones. Thing is, if I stop now, I'll hit rock bottom Sunday and Monday. Monday is my grandfathers funeral so I'm not sure how/if I'll cope.

Should I keep on current meds till Monday, then have 3 days off and start new ones Thursday?

Blatantly posting for traffic as I'm due to take them in 30 mins (if I'm going to take them)

TamaraHiddlestoned Fri 17-Jun-16 20:10:27

Don't make the change until you are through with the funeral. Look after yourself! flowers

Agenda64 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:03:13

Do exactly what your doctor said. Did you explain about the funeral?

TipBoov Fri 17-Jun-16 23:03:58

Follow your doctor's advice flowers

TamaraHiddlestoned Sat 18-Jun-16 08:25:25

What did you do, OP?

TipBoov Sat 18-Jun-16 09:36:14

How did you get on OP?

AngryTigress Sat 18-Jun-16 15:44:24

Took the usual meds. Won't take any on Monday evening and will start new ones on Thursday night.

Some reason I'm worried sick about crashing. Already struggling as it is, can't imagine feeling worse.

gahenty Sat 18-Jun-16 15:49:23

Worth discussing with your GP on Monday.

It may be that they tablets have a long half life, hence the gap, so no 'crash' biochemically/scientifically.

anyname123 Sat 18-Jun-16 15:58:47

Backing up gahenty, the med won't stop working the day you stop taking them. Of course psychologically they might, but most anti depressants have a reasonable half life. Follow GPs instructions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now