AIBU to wonder about smoke from next door..?

(2 Posts)
PopcornFiend Fri 17-Jun-16 19:08:25

We live in a semi detached house. Our next door neighbours smoke. (No issue with this - DH smokes also, but only at work never at home or even outside at home.)

Recently we've noticed that as we're putting DD1 (age 5) to bed around 7pm, a strong smell of cigarette smoke gradually comes into her room. I don't know if it happens any other time of day as am at work.

It's not coming in through the window. I can't work out if perhaps it is coming through the floorboards (and carpet?!) from next door? But, we've lived here nearly 2 years and next door have always smoked but only now does it seem to be infiltrating DD's room... Could there be some structural problem?

Has anyone experienced this?

AIBU to be concerned and speak to neighbours about it? I don't want to come off as prissy, it's their house next door they can smoke if they like. I guess just looking for some reassurance that the scent of cig smoke isn't going to cause DD any long lasting harm, even though is unpleasant. And a bit concerned about how the smoke is even getting in when it's not through a window..

wheresthel1ght Fri 17-Jun-16 19:23:49

Does your semi have a chimney on the adjoining wall? Of so it might have a shares one. If it has an air vent in it then it would explain how the smoke is getting in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now