whats so wrong about a thread about a thread (TAAT)?

(9 Posts)
ssd Thu 16-Jun-16 22:21:05

whats the big deal about this?

NotEnoughTime Thu 16-Jun-16 22:25:23

I would love to know too.

waits with bated breath

Euphemia Thu 16-Jun-16 22:26:16

People should post on the original thread. If that's been deleted, a TAAT will just be a rehash of the deleted thread and MN considers this bad manners.

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Jun-16 22:26:39

Often if it's about a deleted thread it just reignites the drama and gives the trolls more attention. There seems to be a bit of leeway after particularly shocking/emotive ones go.

Tartyflette Thu 16-Jun-16 22:27:50

Well, I see that, but I think a case could be made for peripheral threads about threads. Sidebars, if you like.

Crunchymum Thu 16-Jun-16 22:30:28

Now I'll never know what the resolution was!!!

Did she duct tape the raincover over the buggy??

Did her local Co-Op deliver her essentials?

ssd Thu 16-Jun-16 22:30:54

but even if the original thread wasnt deleted, you cant discuss another thread or you'll be deleted for making a TAAT

and i just cant see the big deal confused

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Jun-16 22:31:09

She got a friend to bring supplies crunchy.

daisychain01 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:34:18

Imagine having a conversation at lunchtime with a group of colleagues. Maybe there's a disagreement, an argument or you say something that came out wrong. It gets uncomfortable. Whatever.

Then picture those people going off into someone's office later that day and talking about you behind your back, telling other people about what happened. You're not there to represent yourself, they could be misrepresenting you, being inaccurate or just having a laugh at your expense.

That's what a TAAT is essentially doing. MN HQ frown on it because it's not in the spirit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now