RSVP

(14 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Thu 16-Jun-16 14:53:13

You receive an invitation, it has an RSVP; a date to do it by & contact information.
You don't bother RSVP-ing.

AIBU to think this is very bladdy rude? I am the inviter, I have 40 invitees, I have received 4 replies.

Why don't people bother RSVP-ing? Anybody know? Rude arseholes? Very busy lives? Suddenly can't read? Hand fell off so can't text?

If I was in a worse mood I would possibly say DONT COME TO MY EVENT THEN YOU PRICKS. I WILL DRINK ALL THE WINE AND EAT ALL THE CAKE MYSELF.

Honestly though, you receive a personalised invitation to a day that is special to your friend and clearly costing money and needing organisation and you just don't bother getting in touch? Terrible form.

TheNaze73 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:00:08

YANBU. You can't rely on hardly anyone

KoalaDownUnder Thu 16-Jun-16 15:04:28

I vote rude arseholes.

Nobody is that frigging busy.

acasualobserver Thu 16-Jun-16 15:05:37

I've said this before - I'm not sure if some people know enough French to translate it. Try writing "PLEASE REPLY" on your next set of invitations.

Blablabla1984 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:05:51

It's rude!!!

The same thing happened to my, invited 20 people to my baby's birthday in December and only 3 RSVPd. The others said they had been carried away by the Christmas to do lists. LAME!!!!

I'd probably message them for an RSVP!!

RaeSkywalker Thu 16-Jun-16 15:07:07

Yes, it is flipping rude. I always RSVP- it's not hard is it!!

Pinkheart5915 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:10:09

It is very rude of people not to rsvp. I can only think they've never organised a party themselves and don't know its difficult to order food etc if you don't have a rough idea how many will be there.

I always rsvp halo because I'm lovely

VulcanWoman Thu 16-Jun-16 15:14:06

As PP has said they probably don't realise they're suppose to respond, thick or rude, either way they don't deserve to come to your party.

1wokeuplikethis Thu 16-Jun-16 15:14:12

Ok well, they're all married so should remember the frustration of people not letting them know.

It's annoying really because you organise a lovely event, invite all the people you think are lovely and then 2 weeks before decide they are all twats.

Sallyingforth Thu 16-Jun-16 15:21:54

"RSVP. If you don't reply I'll assume you are not coming"

TheNaze73 Thu 16-Jun-16 15:23:02

I'll send you back my RSVP OP

They are/ they aren't all twats

FireTruckOhFireTruck Thu 16-Jun-16 15:35:46

YANBU - they are just rude.

Princesspeach1980 Thu 16-Jun-16 16:02:50

I hate rsvps, I've booked a small but quite expensive party for my DC, only 6 kids invited and still waiting on 3 rsvps. It's so annoying as I either have to pay for 6 or 8 children (including my 2) so I need to know numbers. It's happened at every party I've ever planned so I don't know why I'm still surprised.

GonnaDoItAnyway Thu 16-Jun-16 16:10:00

When I sent out my invites I put in addressed, stamped and very simple cards where all they had to do was tick/cross/colour in one bloody box and pop it in a post box.

Did I get them back? Did I fuck! I had to chase everyone to the point of

if I don't hear by x you had better bring your own dinner and drinks because you'll be without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now