to say something to my friend

(8 Posts)
cricketqueen Wed 15-Jun-16 19:02:05

Bit of a back story here so please stick with me.
My friend was going out with her ex dp for 5 years, stable relationship seemed good etc but out of nowhere last September she left him. She said she wasn't happy which is fair enough. She seemed happy so all was good.
Then in October she started seeing a new guy from her work, I thought it was a bit quick but none of my business. She moved in with him in December and is now 12 weeks pregnant. Again I think this is all too quick but ultimately it has nothing to do with me.
Now comes the problem, in the last 4 months I have seen her twice and both times her new dp has been there. She didn't come to my dd birthday as he was sick. She won't seem to make arrangements to meet up just the two of us, I'd we do make plans she cancels at the last minute with a crap excuse. The latest thing is she has deleted all men from facebook other than family, including my dh. And I mean all men.
She used to be bubbly and fun but she hardly leaves the house anymore other than for work. Aibu to say something about how things have changed? Should I just keep quiet and hope it's just new relationship/ pregnancy excitement. I'm really worried about her.

ImperialBlether Wed 15-Jun-16 19:04:28

I would have to speak to her but I don't know how you'll manage it without her. I don't think what you say will make a difference now, but she will remember it in the future. Say you will always be there for her and that you want what's best for her. Tell her she can contact you any time of the day or night and you will always come for her.

It's horrible to see people in this situation.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 15-Jun-16 19:06:39

Extremely worrying, it sounds as though he is controlling her. All you can do is be there as much as you can for her. I don't know what else to suggest.

TheNaze73 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:15:05

There are a lot of people that drop their friends when they get a new partner. I'm thinking more self absorbed than controlling

cupkakesandkittens Wed 15-Jun-16 19:18:33

TheNaze it might be normal to drop friends but to delete all men off facebook? Definitely weird

cricketqueen Wed 15-Jun-16 19:20:12

That's what I was hoping that it was just the excitement of a new relationship. The deleting of men off her fb has been the thing that got me to think about it more. I don't want to push her away if there is more to it than that though, but I also don't want to seem like I'm bothering her if I constantly make contact iyswim. It's so difficult when you have no idea what is going on behind closed doors.

FireTruckOhFireTruck Thu 16-Jun-16 15:44:52

It's difficult, but I think all you can do really is be there for - keep trying to meet regularly, even if she cance, it'll be a help for her to stay in touch.

Scarydinosaurs Thu 16-Jun-16 15:52:09

Just keep being there for her. It sounds like she could really be in trouble. Let her know she can always talk to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now