Really bad haircut

(10 Posts)
blondieblonde Tue 14-Jun-16 20:58:19

I forked out to have a fancy haircut today and it is really bad. I did it because I have a big work event, but now I look terrible. It just hasn't been done right, and it doesn't sit properly at all.

Should I go back and have a second haircut, somewhere else, to try and put it right? It is already quite short.

argh!

whitershadeofpale Tue 14-Jun-16 21:00:01

Can you describe it a bit more, or preferably do you have a pics?

ClopySow Tue 14-Jun-16 21:18:35

My hair always takes a couple of days to settle after a haircut. Like it still wants to do what it did when it was a bit longer.

chickenowner Tue 14-Jun-16 21:20:20

You have my sympathy!

A few years ago I had a really bad haircut - all wonky at the back etc.

I called the salon to let them know I was unhappy. They asked me to go back later that day. I did, and they re-cut it and sorted it all out for free!

I was so glad that I had called to speak to them about it.

branofthemist Tue 14-Jun-16 21:24:21

Are you the type to actually speak to them and tell them you don't like it? Or would you prefer not to?

Did you tell them at the time?

Is it a bad cut or do you just not like it?

NavyAndWhite Tue 14-Jun-16 21:29:12

Can you speak to the manager? Maybe they could do it?

blondieblonde Tue 14-Jun-16 21:35:49

It was my usual hairdresser and I said I was happy after she'd done it -- I thought she'd done what I usually have (a sort of bob). Then, when I got home, I realised it didn't look right and instead of going up at the back it is just sort of long and clumpy - more like the haircut of a man with long hair than a woman with shortish hair! Woe.

I wouldn't dare to ring them, no.

Perhaps I will make do with clips etc. until it grows back.

whitershadeofpale Tue 14-Jun-16 21:38:19

Perhaps you should act like a grown women, not tell lies and get it sorted out into something you're happy with?

SecretlycrushingonTomHanks Tue 14-Jun-16 21:39:55

I would call them and explain you're not happy with the cut and see what they say. They'll most probably offer you come back in so they can have a look at it and then fix whatever it is you don't like. It's very easy to misinterpret what someone says to you when it comes to haircuts as one persons version of eg. a bob is different from another persons. They could have a completely different picture in their head to you. Speaking as one in this profession id rather the client called back and spoke to me about it then gave me the chance to sort it out. Maybe take a picture with you so you're both on the same page?

SecretlycrushingonTomHanks Tue 14-Jun-16 21:41:53

If it's your regular hairdresser OP id definitely call her. I'd rather a client let me know than was unhappy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now