To stick cbeebies on for the afternoon and doze on the sofa

(18 Posts)
SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 14-Jun-16 13:07:34

Have severe SPD so not sleeping well at night, a Dh who is recovering from bring seriously ill in hospital (so I'm doing everything at home for the family) and I'm 34 weeks pregnant.

I just feel exhausted.

Yesterday dd2 (2) had a DVD all afternoon while I dozed. Today she wants cbeebies, but I'm feeling guilty about the amount of screen time (she also wTches an hour or so with dd1 after school and while I cook tea), and setting up bad habits for the rest of the pregnancy. Also feeling guilty about the place becoming a shit tip as I've done no cleaning beyond kitchen /loos/ dining room...

But really, I do feel exhausted.

Aibu?

ftw Tue 14-Jun-16 13:10:05

YANBU.

Tv on, feet up.

mrsbee2be Tue 14-Jun-16 13:12:07

Do it....That's what it there for!

TheFairyCaravan Tue 14-Jun-16 13:12:10

I Had severe SPD when I was pregnant with DS2 (still do). I was bedbound from 26 weeks, so DS1 watched a lot of videos sat on my bed. He knew the words of a Postman Pat one! blush

Put the CBeebies on, it'll be fine. Don't worry about cleaning, either.

NavyAndWhite Tue 14-Jun-16 13:12:19

Gosh yanbu.

Rest all you can. If need be let DD have play in the garden for 15 mins later on.

RB68 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:20:30

Make a few phone calls and get a cleaner/tidier in for a few hours - will make you feel heaps better and cost around £10 an hr round here. Far better than a round of drinks which costs about the same

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 14-Jun-16 13:20:39

We did do toddler group this morning and walked there and back, so she's had some outside time.

It's on, sod guilt grin

Birdsgottafly Tue 14-Jun-16 13:21:37

My middle DD had more screen time than my eldest and youngest, who had to be up and out for their school/nursery/clubs.

Out of all of them, she watched television the least, once she was old enough to develop her own likes etc. She's now 21.

Tbh, I can't see that much of a difference between any of my DDs peer groups, now they are adults, to worry over this sort of thing.

I'm certainly still waiting for my good Mother badge and my eldest is 31.

I also can't remember how tidy my house was, 30 years ago.

Use what you need to, to get enough sleep, apart from drugging your children, of course as many did with -- medisted--

GiraffeTastic Tue 14-Jun-16 13:26:59

Yanbu. Get some rest!

TheNaze73 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:31:05

YANBU

NavyAndWhite Tue 14-Jun-16 13:32:27

Well you're fine then OP!

Happy snoozing!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 14-Jun-16 13:49:32

YDNBU. Had my first been my subsequent child. I'd have had to do it as I was terribly ill during my pregnancy.

mygorgeousmilo Tue 14-Jun-16 13:52:27

YANBU I have done it before and my kids are bright and lovely! It won't hurt flowers

DesignedForLife Tue 14-Jun-16 13:58:24

YANBU. I'm 30 weeks with severe SPD and a toddler. Cbebies is a life saver. I do try to limit it, so go out in the morning, then encourage her to play with toys, but sometimes it's the only way to rest.

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 14-Jun-16 14:39:26

Omg I was properly asleep blush just as well I shut the gate to the kitchen and stairs.

Birdsgottafly - that's reassuring to read thank you. I do worry about screentime.

Can't afford a cleaner. Can't afford drinks out. In fact we can't afford the mortgage right now - I only get SMP as was supply, and Dh was made redundant and hasn't signed on - and got I'll with sepsis the day before he was due to start temp (minimum wage) work... I've sent off for a child tax credits form but currently we are just living off SMP and child benefit. That's it sad I'm a bit stressed about it TBH

MrsDoylesTeaParty Tue 14-Jun-16 14:59:19

These threads are daft, of course it's fine OP. And you've even been out today! Think we've been out once this week so far. Stop with the guilt! smile

MrsDoylesTeaParty Tue 14-Jun-16 15:02:10

I mean in the last week*

rainbowstardrops Tue 14-Jun-16 17:39:08

It's fine - chill every day if you need to!

Do love the 'Get a cleaner' comments - I certainly can't afford a bloody cleaner!

It's not as easy as that otherwise we'd all have one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now