or is this bus driver a twat?

(14 Posts)
BadMum1705 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:17:49

I'm so angry!!!

At 9:10-9:15 this morning I was at a zebra crossing with my 11 year old son and 2 year old daughter. A bus stopped to let us cross so my son started to when another bus came up the side of the stopped bus, I screamed at my son and he stopped and the bus just missed him. The bus stopped for 5 seconds or so and then carried on. Some cars also followed this bus. Eventually we crossed and the stopped bus carried on.

I am really angry. That crossing has been there for years and the bus drivers should know it's there. Luckily it was my 11 year old and not a younger child running across.

acasualobserver Tue 14-Jun-16 10:32:22

Worth contacting the bus company - you've got a time and location (and route number?) It's possible the guilty party can be found and bollocked.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jun-16 10:33:21

Absolutely contact the bus company.

bonzo77 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:40:23

At a zebra crossing there are zigzags. It's very clear in the Highway Code that you do not over take on zigzags. If the professional driver does not know or adhere to the Highway Code they should not be working. Contact the bus company. Buses have CCTV and I think trackers. So if you have the location, time, date and bus route they will know exactly who is responsible.

BadMum1705 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:41:39

The bus company are investigating.

My son is so upset, he's off school today for a rest day (he came back from a weekend residential trip yesterday) I think I might buy him some sweets and let him play Xbox this afternoon.

Bus company will let me know the results of the investigation by letter. And asked that I don't contact the police until they've investigated

BadMum1705 Tue 14-Jun-16 10:43:27

This crossing is right outside my house and we use it everyday, usually my 6 year old runs across when I say it's safe. I thought it was safe for us to cross today but I was obviously wrong, don't expect cars to over take at zebra crossings

MammaTJ Tue 14-Jun-16 10:45:33

Buses now film what is going on inside and outside the bus. Ring the company and tell them.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jun-16 10:53:02

well done for contacting them so promptly.

Did you tell them you might contact the police?

Waltermittythesequel Tue 14-Jun-16 11:07:30

Jesus Christ he could have killed your son!!!

I wonder what the bus company will say...I probably would have mentioned the police. Just to make sure it's dealt with properly.

MargaretCavendish Tue 14-Jun-16 11:07:47

My son is so upset, he's off school today for a rest day

?!

Waltermittythesequel Tue 14-Jun-16 11:19:28

Because he came back from a residential trip yesterday, Margaret ?!

BadMum1705 Tue 14-Jun-16 12:44:09

I said I was considering contacting the police, they asked me to wait.

BadMum1705 Fri 17-Jun-16 14:50:05

Bus company have admitted the driver was at fault and facing disciplinary action. Also said they will fully co-operate with the police if I wish to report it.

So I have and the police have said its best to leave it to the bus company to take action. The driver will have to go on courses or could lose his job.

Not sure how I feel to be honest, my son could have been killed by this man.

Buxtonstill Fri 17-Jun-16 16:09:09

Police are unlikely to take action. I was in an Addison Lee cab at night last year, and the driver was watching a tv program/ movie on a smart phone, withe headphone clearly leading from the device to his ear. As it was late at night, I didn't want to challenge the driver as I didn't want him to leave me in the middle of nowhere as I am disabled. So I videoed him on my iPad as I was using it already. The Police came round, viewed the footage, but said they couldn't prove he was watching it. (Despite the fact it was totally obvious) . Total waste of my time reporting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now