To want the room I booked

(13 Posts)
aawcmon Mon 13-Jun-16 22:50:03

Booked a much needed holiday, been a rough year. Looked at pictures of the room on website,looked nice, 2 bedrooms and lounge so booked. Got e-mail through to say there has been some confusion and the hotel room in fact does not have a lounge area, just 2 bedrooms. Just checked trip advisor and I think I've seen the rooms they mean, but it's definitely not what I would have chosen...I know it's not the end of the world but annoyed now cos guessing I need to suck it up.

NatalieRushman Mon 13-Jun-16 22:52:07

You do not need to suck it up. I would ask to be refunded. They can't possibly deny you a refund request if they've already emailed you to admit their mistake.

Junosmum Mon 13-Jun-16 22:59:35

Either suck it up or refund and look for another hotel. Very annoying!

aawcmon Mon 13-Jun-16 23:05:41

I think I'm just going to have to go with it, leaving in a few weeks so doubt I'll be able to find anything else in same timeframe...tried phoning them today but lines were bust all afternoon hmm ... not sure what I would have said anyway other than a rant.

FeelingSmurfy Mon 13-Jun-16 23:15:25

Is the better room more money, is the room you are actually getting cheaper to book?

I would check the website and see if the room you thought you booked is still available, and if it is I would fight my corner to get it, and the price of the two different rooms

If this had happened to me then I probably would cancel because that was the price I was willing to pay for room a, not room b. I would expect them to at least refund some of what I had paid, as a gesture, and hopefully that would take it to a price I would be happy to pay for room b and they would still get my custom

aawcmon Mon 13-Jun-16 23:16:00

*busy not bust!

aawcmon Mon 13-Jun-16 23:20:32

As far as I can tell, the hotel doesn't have any 2 bedrooms with a lounge, they're using an entirely wrong picture! Just noticed actual blurb for room doesn't mention a lounge now, not sure if they've changed it or if I just presumed because of the picture....which is still on website.

Originalfoogirl Mon 13-Jun-16 23:41:04

You'll find probably somewhere it will say the room type may vary or isn't guaranteed or something similar. Does my nut in when we try to book an accessible connecting room they never guarantee it. 😡

MrsSippy Mon 13-Jun-16 23:55:57

Have you looked to see if the hotel is on tripadvisor or similar? See if there are similar compaints

FeelingSmurfy Tue 14-Jun-16 00:14:06

If that is the case I would definitely cancel, what are they trying to hide if they are falsely representing their rooms with photographs?

aawcmon Tue 14-Jun-16 00:40:05

Really worried now...checked trip advisor before booking, review's were great....checked again now, last few have not been complimentary at all. Do you think they'll let me swap to another hotel?

FeelingSmurfy Tue 14-Jun-16 10:55:39

I would just call and say that you want a full refund as the room you booked is not as described

Makemineacabsauv Tue 14-Jun-16 21:50:44

If you're worried you won't get other accommodation, check it out on booking.com, travel Republic etc etc to see if there are better option available. If there are, demand a full refund, cancel and book better option, if not demand a partial refund as compensation and go to your chosen hotel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now