to think my 21st is going to be a nightmare

(11 Posts)
Notsurewhyimhere Mon 13-Jun-16 20:51:01

So I'm 21 on Sunday . I decided to have a little "gathering" on Saturday night. The problem is literally nobody is coming. I have sent invites to people on Facebook and so far only 2 people have said they are coming for definite sad

Not only that it'll be my first birthday since my granddad died in October.

AIBU to think it's going to be a nightmare and to be glad when it's all over.

RuggerHug Mon 13-Jun-16 20:54:12

When did you send invites? Has no one replied at all or have they said 'no'. I'm not trying to be harsh but it is just a birthday, it's not a nightmare if it doesn't have a huge shindig attached. Just do something with friends available and enjoy thatsmile

junebirthdaygirl Mon 13-Jun-16 20:56:47

My ds is 21 soon and a lot of his friends are away working abroad or on holidays so decided not to have a party. Are you're friends around? It's always stressful waiting but it's only Monday and people are always planning stuff last min. Have you family to join in? I hope you have a lovely night.

NoFuchsGiven Mon 13-Jun-16 20:57:08

Happy birthday for Sunday. My advice would be to actually speak to your friends, Facebook invites are very, ehm , non personal? I never respond to Facebook invites as I honestly look at them as lazy.

Notsurewhyimhere Mon 13-Jun-16 20:58:47

I sent the invites about 3 weeks ago and said I needed to know if people could come (so we know how much food and drink to buy) and have heard nothing.

Do you know it's more about the fact it makes me feel a bit of a loner haha

NoCapes Mon 13-Jun-16 20:58:49

You don't have to have a party you know
What's the point if you'll just be 'glad when it's all over'? confused

CalleighDoodle Mon 13-Jun-16 21:01:13

Phone them x

Notsurewhyimhere Mon 13-Jun-16 21:04:50

Thanks for everyone's comments I don't know how to reply to everyone's comments individually.

One girl who I work with said she will spread the word at work so hopefully people will come we shall see, and yeah a few members of my family are coming.

To the person who asked why I'm bothering, I have no clue probably cos people keep telling me it's my 21st and cos my granddad wouldn't want me to be upset

Notsurewhyimhere Mon 13-Jun-16 21:06:24

Most of the people who I've invited are people who I work with so I guess I could mention it but don't want people to think I'm being pushy aha

KayTee87 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:10:47

I never even notice those facebook event things until a reminder comes through the day before. I think you need to text or phone people. Happy birthday cake

whois Mon 13-Jun-16 21:16:25

Dude, you need to get buy in from a few key people. Always make sure a small core group commit to the party, then spread the word to the masses. That way you know for sure like 6 people will come and it doesn't matter too much about anyone else :-)

But I feel your pain. I organised a big party this year and I was so nervous on the day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now