to go to the loo every night before I get into bed.

(230 Posts)
LuluJakey1 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:45:04

Last night DH said 'Why do you always go for a wee before you get into bed, even if you only went half an hour ago?'

Doesn't everyone? He thinks not- he doesn't. I have done this since being a child. On the rare occasion I haven't done it, I don't sleep well. My bladder feels irritable in bed if it isn't empty. I have to get up in the middle of the night then.

Today, SIL comes round and he asks her if she always goes to the loo before she goes to bed and she said no.

Am I just odd?

starry0ne Sun 12-Jun-16 18:46:23

Nope I do and Also I make my ds

Emochild Sun 12-Jun-16 18:47:16

Last thing I do at night and first thing I do in the morning

I just can't relax and get comfortable otherwise

EastMidsMummy Sun 12-Jun-16 18:47:22

Normal.

WoodleyPixie Sun 12-Jun-16 18:47:35

Nope. I always do and then go again after reading before I turn the light out. Drives dh bonkers as well. I think it's psychological as even though I've had three 10lb olus babies my pelvic floor isn't that weak.

woodwaj Sun 12-Jun-16 18:47:41

Nope! They are odd wink

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:48:02

I always do, just in case. It's so annoying to get all comfy in bed, be right on the verge of falling asleep and then have to get up to wee. YANBU.

FlowerOfTheWest Sun 12-Jun-16 18:48:12

You're normal. I thought everyone did this!

bushtailadventures Sun 12-Jun-16 18:48:24

I do it too, I can't sleep if I don't, it feels wrong somehow. My DD always does it too, but I think the males in this house have weird bladders because none of them do it.

Pagwatch Sun 12-Jun-16 18:48:46

Pretty odd to be so preoccupied with other people peeing really. I'd be asking my DH if he needed a hobby.

WreckingBallsInsideMyHead Sun 12-Jun-16 18:49:09

I always do, and usually again once I've settled.

And before I go out anywhere.

Drilled into me as a child

DramaAlpaca Sun 12-Jun-16 18:49:34

It's normal. I go before I get into bed, and again just before I put the light out. I can't sleep well otherwise.

thestarryeyedsurprise Sun 12-Jun-16 18:49:57

I do it too. It's routine, pee, brush teeth and bed.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 12-Jun-16 18:50:04

We all do it in this house.

Get PJs on, brush teeth, have wee, get into bed.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 12-Jun-16 18:50:05

Why would you not?!confused of course I do!

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sun 12-Jun-16 18:50:34

I always do. One before I get into bed and another when I'm ready to go to sleep. Then I go after the baby has her 3 am feed.

Dp doesn't. He also drinks a full cup of tea before going to sleep and still doesn't need to wee in the night.

useyourimagination Sun 12-Jun-16 18:50:51

I thought everyone did it...

NatashaRomanov Sun 12-Jun-16 18:51:29

I always do. Started when I was pregnant in an attempt to get a few hours sleep before needing yet another wee!
Permanent habit now. Even if I think I don't actually need to go, I will still go and sit!

Becky546 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:51:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

branofthemist Sun 12-Jun-16 18:51:49

Yanbu. I do, ds and Dd do too.

If I don't I wake up durin the night needing one. If ds doesn't he wakes up at 5 for a wee and doesn't get back to sleep. If he has one he sleeps til 7

iklboo Sun 12-Jun-16 18:51:55

We all do too.

Fairylea Sun 12-Jun-16 18:52:14

Everyone does here! How can anyone sleep with that "maybe I should have gone" feeling?!

NavyAndWhite Sun 12-Jun-16 18:52:20

It's a mind thing.
Even if I've been to downstairs loo only 10 mins before I go up to bed I have try and squeeze one out blush

Nannawifeofbaldr Sun 12-Jun-16 18:52:46

Well, yes, but why would it bother him?

People are different, they have different routines. I discovered that a friend of mine gets up in the middle of every night (as does her whole family) to go to the loo. I only had to do this when pregnant. <shrug> people are different.

LuluJakey1 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:53:32

Emo It just doesn't feel comfortable to me to get into bed unless I have had a wee.

It is part of a routine. Go to loo, wash my hand and face, clean teeth, floss and mouthwash. I have always done it- probably since I was tiny. DH does the wash and teeth but if he has been to the loo recently he does not go again.

^Pagwatch* He is always asking questions about something or other. Says he has an inquisitive mind. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now