To stay in PJs all day on a Sunday?

(20 Posts)
ImRealitySoTheOthersCanFuckOff Sun 12-Jun-16 15:24:24

I've had a lovely lazy day in pyjamas. We have nowhere to be and nothing to do other than entertain the four year old.

I've just had a nice long soak in the bath and then got dressed in nice fresh pyjamas.

DH has given me a bit of a sideways look. He's been up and dressed since 8am. I think more fool him, pjs are lovely and comfy and my way is the best way.

AIBU?

FeckinCrutches Sun 12-Jun-16 15:26:37

Is he off out somewhere?

Orda1 Sun 12-Jun-16 15:26:58

No. My DP is the same as yours.

ministryofmayhem Sun 12-Jun-16 15:28:23

Yanbu, I too am still in pyjamas and watching back to back ncis. Pyjama days are the best!

Tigger365 Sun 12-Jun-16 15:28:44

I left work on Friday night with the express intention of staying in my pjs until tomorrow morning. I'm managing it so far except for 20 minutes because apparently going to tesco in pjs isn't the done thing
He is BU!!!

pieceofpurplesky Sun 12-Jun-16 15:31:15

I love a Pyjama day. Exh thought they were lazy (unless he sneezed once and then it was ok).
Me and ds love one. Make sure we have on in school hols.

ProfessorPickles Sun 12-Jun-16 15:31:25

Tigger - I get around the 'unacceptable to go out in public in pjs' rule by wearing black leggings and plain tops as pjs blush then I can slip my shoes and coat on and nobody is any wiser.
It also helps avoid embarrassment when answering the door so I look dressed-ish grin

Birdsgottafly Sun 12-Jun-16 15:33:14

I wear PJs when I'm not going out, so I agree with you.

I'm clumsy with cleaning products and food and don't like to ruin my clothes.

Bambamrubblesmum Sun 12-Jun-16 15:34:01

No we all had a pyjama day yesterday and it was heaven. Only time DH got dressed was to get a Chinese. We would have had another today but Tesco was calling and dog needed walking.

I've subjected DH to an intensive training programme over a decade on the art of schlomping and he's become a master. We are working on our toddler and bump is picking up on the vibe.

U2HasTheEdge Sun 12-Jun-16 15:40:03

I have been in my pjs since yesterday afternoon.

DH has been wearing shorts and an old T-shirt all day.

My two girls are still in PJ's

YANBU

chocoLit Sun 12-Jun-16 15:44:00

Nope. My first day off in WEEKS so am refusing to move/ get dressed. DD2 & 3 are in jammies but DD1 is dressed as she got sent to the shops!! DH away to work and I. AM. NOT. MOVING!

Tigger365 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:28:00

pickles if it wasn't for my sizeable arse, I'd try leggings, unfortunately I look like sausage stuffed into a too small skin!

Tatiana11235 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:34:28

I just can't do a PJ day unless I am ill. Makes me feel lazy and like I've wasted a day blush

AliceInUnderpants Sun 12-Jun-16 16:37:12

<looks down at PJs>

YANBU

youarenotkiddingme Sun 12-Jun-16 16:42:35

I'm in mine.

Although I did get dressed and go to gym, supermarket on way home then showered and put on clean pjs!

I've spent the past 4 hours bulk cooking for freezer and doing washing. Ds is doing homework.

People just assume being in pjs is being lazy - I've done less at home when dressed before - including napping on sofa!

Tatiana11235 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:45:01

Oh and btw YANBU. Whatever make you comfy.

tinyterrors Sun 12-Jun-16 20:48:01

Yadnbu. We have a pj day most weekends. Dh works long hours, I'm busy with school /kids/uni all week so we chill out at the weekend. Plus the weather's rubbish so park or garden is out and we're not going anywhere else so we all stay in pj's, well dh and I shower and put clean pj's on in the morning and kids shower and change pj's before bed.

HermioneJeanGranger Sun 12-Jun-16 20:58:41

YANBU, pyjama days are the best. I had one yesterday - got up, had a bath and got into fresh PJ's - heaven!

shrunkenhead Sun 12-Jun-16 21:03:08

I'm with Tatiana. Unless I'm ill I have to get dressed. I always worry that someone will come to the door!

CakeNinja Sun 12-Jun-16 21:11:36

Same as Tatiana. Yanbu if you are comfortable and happy, crack on!

I personally hate seeing the DC in pyjamas after noon at the latest at the weekends, it looks grotty to me! Maybe if they were clean pyjamas put on in the morning it would seem nicer!

But also, there's no way I could stay in all day with my 3d, we'd be climbing the walls!

I do have what I would describe as 'house clothes' which are things like leggings and dresses etc, that I put on if I've been out in jeans. So come home and put my comfy leggings on.

Actually, I don't even own a pair of pyjamas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now