To start another sweary thread moaning about where I live WARNING lots of C word usage

(22 Posts)
katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 17:35:58

Cunty McCunt Face has struck again. Ok I'm used to the school mums being stuck up bitches but now a woman who claimed to live in my village has just been a f c bitch and sworn at me in front of my son. Yeah, hypocrit you say, for starting a sweary thread. Point taken. But I don"t swear infront of DS andthe woman swore at me because I pleasantly and dignifiedly didn't do what she wanted.

So that's it. I'm fed up of this place. Am putting the house on the market and moving back to Gods Own Country which is Yorkshire. At least the people there don't put the count in country.

Yea I am being U. This thread should be in Chat.

EveryoneElsie Thu 09-Jun-16 17:38:56

The Land of the Self Entitled. Sounds delightful. You're Darn Sarf arent you.

Grilledaubergines Thu 09-Jun-16 17:40:51

Yeah we're all like that in the south Everyone hmm

FlyingElbows Thu 09-Jun-16 17:43:18

Someone did that to me once. I was really angry and I do swear infront of my (possibly lots older than yours) kids. My kids know it's absolutely not on to swear AT someone. She was an entitled cunt through and through though!

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 17:43:22

Midlands. And I've hated every minute I've been here. Everyone is determined to drive into my car at high speed and I don't want my boy turning into an entitled sneering ruthless bastard.Am so angry, I'm crying sad

Grilledaubergines Thu 09-Jun-16 17:45:15

Don't cry flowers

What exactly happened?

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 17:45:45

The chimney sweep came today. Even he said that the people round here are money grabbing bastards (his words).

Grilledaubergines Thu 09-Jun-16 17:48:03

In guessing today has been the final nail in the coffin.

It's very difficult relocating. Relatively small irritations become huge. People do things differently to where you're from and that can make you feel isolated and unable to fit in. How long have you been there?

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 17:51:06

In the car, I had right of way, she wanted me to reverse but I couldn't as I had 3 cars behind me. She had none. Eventually she did, then as I was passing she hurled abuse at me.

It's very minor but it's the final straw. I've had 18 months of shit. The school mums are only talking to me now because i bought a mercedes and i despise myself for that. When we move back to Yorkshire, that's the first thing to go. Funnily enough, they don"t drive into the Merc but they trash my Ford Fiesta which is my darling little car and has served me well. Thank you, aubergine. My sister lives in Kent and she's v nice.

Newes Thu 09-Jun-16 17:54:36

An yes, Yorkshire. Oop North. Where everyone reverses 2 miles if you need them to and give you a cheery wave as they do so. hmm

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 18:00:35

No, just round the corner, muttering "I'm not fucking Ronnie Pickering, yer know."

EveryoneElsie Thu 09-Jun-16 18:03:31

I'm from Darn Sarf actually. Thats how I can do the accent.

EveryoneElsie Thu 09-Jun-16 18:06:17

When I moved away from south london, I was the outsider, and that was OK.
People expected me to be different, because I was. It was actually easier for me in many ways than for locals that just a bit different and didnt fit in.
It sounds like its them OP, not you.

excoriatednerves Thu 09-Jun-16 18:12:50

Entitled, sneering, ruthless bastard?! Because he's growing up in the Midlands?

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 18:13:52

I spent 3 years in Canterbury - everyone nice. 10 years in London - fantastic! 14 (adult) years in Yorkshire - loves it. 18months in Cuntshire and my marriage nearly broke down, DS became a shell of himself, DH is on his knees with a 2hr each way commute and I've finally had enough.

Skittlesss Thu 09-Jun-16 18:21:51

You might get a shock up here, lass. I heard one of the school mums calling her kid a fucking shit earlier on. Lovely example of motherhood. Had to wade through the cloud of smoke coming off her fag at the school gates. I heard her say she's 26weeks pregnant with her third fucking kid and she hopes this one isn't a little bastard too.

So crack on lass, but they might all look at you like you're an alien if you live near me and have a job!!

SheldonCoopersCouncilOfLadies Thu 09-Jun-16 18:21:56

The only place I can think of that's bad enough for behaviour like this in my area of the Midlands, starts with an H and ends with a y kate. If it is there then you AIBU.
If it's anywhere else in the Midlands I'm really surprised as I've lived here all my life and never been subject to anything like this kind of abuse anywhere I've gone.
flowers sorry the place has left a bad taste in your mouth.

SheldonCoopersCouncilOfLadies Thu 09-Jun-16 18:23:57

Sorry should say YANBUblush that'll teach me not to preview.

Grilledaubergines Thu 09-Jun-16 18:26:49

sheldon not the same u know as it was for a visit but I loved where we stayed in the midlands and met truly lovely people.

I just think we're all so different that nowhere suits everyone.

And it's not a great feeling when others slag off somewhere you love and are proud of. But there are good and bad examples everywhere and we tend to hone in on what matches our mindset and mood.

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 18:45:30

Bit more north, bit more west. School parents are SAHM while DH lives in London for the week then omes home to the stately pile to shout at their sons who don't play cricket properly. It's not normal and I'm sure there are lovely normal people too - in fact, i have lovely chats with ladies in the swimming pool (public, not mine!) but it's the sense of entitlement. Anyway, i can moan for Britain - the upshot is that I can feel myself becoming a NOT VERY NICE person myself, so it's time to go home and get some ribbing from my lovely down-to-earth friends for my newly acquired snobbery and fuckwittage.

katemiddletonsothermum Thu 09-Jun-16 18:48:07

Not West - East! Am logging off for some gin now.

SheldonCoopersCouncilOfLadies Thu 09-Jun-16 18:56:47

Fwiw I would love to anywhere north of the border in a heartbeat as I've found nothing but lovely like minded souls whenever I've visited there.

But I do appreciate what grilled is saying, it's not the place as such, more the people in it and it sounds like where you are is very similar to the place I mentioned and I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

Hopefully you're enjoying a massive G&T now and planning your escapesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now