To want eBay items to be as described?

(2 Posts)
halcyondays Thu 09-Jun-16 12:18:54

Have had a few experiences recently of buying second hand books on eBay,amazon etc where they've been cancelled for some reason (refund given so fair enough) or have been described as very good condition but not been. Sometimes I've had items which have been better than expected, which is nice.

I used to find that if I bought a book described as very good it would live up to expectations but now it seems very hit and miss. I bought one book and was sent a free sampler book instead of the full book, they did very quickly send out a replacement, which i hope will be ok. I bought two books from another seller, described as very good. they say this means "excellent condition, clean. some identifying marks on the inside cover but this is minimal" They arrived today and one book has staining on the outside of the pages, which you could hardly miss and both books have a big name plate stuck on the the inside.

AIBU to want things to actually be as described?

VioletBam Fri 10-Jun-16 06:21:36

YANBU but they're books. They're not going to be worn or anything. As long as they're fully readable it's not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now