To not like his birthday present?

(6 Posts)
CaramelPrincess Thu 09-Jun-16 08:58:02

My DH is never normally spontaneous or romantic, or anything along those lines. However for my birthday next month he has planned a surprise trip to a spa day including an overnight stay in a hotel with my friend.
It is so kind of him & I am truly grateful that he has made an effort, however I am currently EBF my three month old DS, and my DH hasn't even paid thought to this.
I don't particularly want to be away from my DS all day & night, plus I can't see how it is going to work regarding feeding him as he is very hit and miss with taking a bottle!
I feel like I'm being such a cow if I tell him I'm not keen on the idea of going...

Janecc Thu 09-Jun-16 09:55:08

I would get a good quality double electric pump and save some in the freezer for the time you are away. Introduce a bottle with expressed milk with your ds now so that you know he will take a bottle. Then when you are away, you can express and either put in the mini bar fridge and take it in a cool bag home if you're closes by or dispose of it. You will need a pump when you go away anyway as your boobs will fill and hurt.

I understand the compulsion to not want to leave him. As long as your dh can manage, your ds will be fine.

Oysterbabe Thu 09-Jun-16 10:27:04

Can it be postponed a few months? I wouldn't enjoy being away from DD overnight at that age.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 09-Jun-16 10:34:40

Can you postpone it.
If you want to BF and he will only be 4 months then you won't want to leave him.
Keep as your present but delay it by a good few months until you feel more comfortable leaving your LO.

NavyAndWhite Thu 09-Jun-16 10:37:05

Ah poor husband thought he was being kind which he is but he's not really thought it through has he.

Postpone? Or get an expressing machine.
Do you think you'd enjoy it?

CaramelPrincess Thu 09-Jun-16 10:44:46

Exactly NavyandWhite he's done such a lovely thing but I think he was just hoping I could go, and DS would feed fine etc but he hasn't thought it through really, cos for one thing I don't think he realises what happens to your boobs when you don't feed haha!
I think I could maybe go and enjoy the day bit cos at least I'll know I'm coming home later, but I don't know if they will let me go for the day & postpone the overnight stay as I think it is some sort of package deal. Will have to look into it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now