To look forward to a good thunderstorm

(17 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Wed 08-Jun-16 09:16:31

Ah, I know it's now hot and good British Summer but it's too hot.

It's that type of hot where it just zaps your energy and your don't want to do anything. Your children are irritable because they are too hot and everywhere public is rammed as everyone is trying to make the most of the few hot days.

It's supposed to be thunderstorming soon and I am really looking forward to a break in this heat..

AIBU? No. I'm not

PreciousVagine Wed 08-Jun-16 09:17:43

YANBU. It's that sweaty muggy hot here and I'm itching for it to rain and thunder and cool down.

OohMavis Wed 08-Jun-16 09:19:59

Where are you? We had ours last night, but there was no heat before then. Just humid and muggy and urgh.

Today, though, is blazing. And I'm staying the fuck inside. I have no idea why people love torturing themselves in unrelenting, baking heat. That's why we build houses. To shelter ourselves.

<pregnant and grumpy emoticon>

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 08-Jun-16 09:23:40

I love being out in the sun. I have no idea why. Prior to last year I had no idea why people liked to be out, but now it makes me genuinely happy.

I have a formal presentation today though, and dressing for it has been very hard because of the heat and humidity and the expected downpours at midday. Although I note that they only have a 20% chance of happening here now, and the heavy rain last night didn't really alleviate the heat.

lornathewizzard Wed 08-Jun-16 09:25:08

Pregnant and grumpy here too. Sun is nice and all but the heat, especially overnight is just bollocks. Better last night so hoping better again today.

NeedACleverNN Wed 08-Jun-16 09:25:38

Lincolnshire.

I don't even have pregnancy to blame! I just genuinely suffer during heat. I become faint and weak with exhaustion and try not to go out where possible, or do it early in the morning, late at night.

But I need to go out this morning. Gotta buy nappies and wipes. However ds (15 months) is still asleep so I've got to wait for him to wake up

SaucepanMan26 Wed 08-Jun-16 09:30:48

I'm in NW, we had a bit of rain last night and a couple of bangs, nothing spectacular though sad
Love a good storm.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 08-Jun-16 09:48:45

Hey you lot.
That's not fair.
We are NW answer didn't get ours yesterday.
Cooled down a bit today.
Still waiting for our storm though

WeDoNotSow Wed 08-Jun-16 09:53:08

I love it when it's so hard the rain is bouncing off the floor and the thunder is so loud and the lightnings zapping across the sky, I tend to open my back door and sit and watch the sky for lightning.
Is always so fresh and lovely the next day!
ONLY at night though... Yesterday, when it was pissing down, thundering and lightning and 2.30 when I had to leave to do the school run?
FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

NeedACleverNN Wed 08-Jun-16 09:56:48

Oh yes we have to be indoors when it's thundering

You could maybe stand outside for a moment but you must be able to get indoors if you need to

amigoingabitcrazy Wed 08-Jun-16 10:04:13

Big pregnant sweaty lady here too!
I was also longing for a thunderstorm as I lay starfished in my tit rise knickers on top of the bedcovers last night grin the thought of that cooling breeze blowing through my windows fills me with a feeling I can't explain aha!

Purplepicnic Wed 08-Jun-16 10:10:31

What the hell are tit rise knickers?

NaraDeer Wed 08-Jun-16 10:10:53

YANBU!
Accuweather app has been promising a thunderstorm almost everyday for weeks, we've had the odd spot of rain but nothing to brake the mugginess.
It's tooooooooooooo humid <sulks>

Lindy2 Wed 08-Jun-16 10:20:39

We had a massive thunder and lightning storm in the night. It was fabulous. The thunder was the loudest I've ever heard. It literally woke me up with a start along with most of the rest of the village!

marcopront Wed 08-Jun-16 10:24:46

I'm in India where's it's been in the 30s for months with the occasional burst of rain in the last few weeks. We need a good monsoon.

amigoingabitcrazy Wed 08-Jun-16 10:32:33

purplepicnic
Gigantic, comfy, stretch to 10x their original size knickers that you can pull all the way up to your tits! Ideally I would be starkers but that's a terrifying sight!

ofshoes Wed 08-Jun-16 10:52:53

Can't wait for the storm to break, hopefully when it does my splitting headache will go away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now