....to sack everything off?!

(10 Posts)
MrsWalterBishop Tue 07-Jun-16 13:49:04

It's quite warm up here today. (26 degrees, which is a treat for the north let me tell you!)

The house is a complete sty, the floors need sweeping, bathroom needs cleaning, toys and washing need putting away, and I'm pretty sure a child emptied a packet of crisps on the dining room carpet...

I'm currently sitting in the garden in shorts and a vest, one child is naked in the paddling pool, the other is in a nappy playing with a ball. AIBU to sack off the boring housework and enjoy the sunshine?! grin

NeedACleverNN Tue 07-Jun-16 13:50:29

Yanbu...

We are indoors since one child doesn't like crawling on the grass and the other child has been to preschool already so spent lots of time outdoors. She wants to chill with toy story again

wasonthelist Tue 07-Jun-16 13:51:28

Yanbu it's going to rain tomorrow

StealthPolarBear Tue 07-Jun-16 13:52:05

You would be a BAD MOTHER if you left any child under the age of 20 anywhere near a paddling pool unsupervised
which in sure you had no intention of doing but you do realise it's a perfect excuse grin

sharknad0 Tue 07-Jun-16 13:53:04

really? as long as the washing is done (so clean clothes available) and there's enough food in the fridge.. life is too short!

My house is in a reasonable state, could do with 5 or 6 hours of cleaning really, but if I am in a car crash tomorrow, my biggest regret is not going to be the housework.

Enjoy the sunshine!

LaurieFairyCake Tue 07-Jun-16 13:53:07

Yanbu

It's OOP North - it will likely hail tomorrow grin

You are literally in the place where 'make hay while the sun shines' applies grin

Iknownuffink Tue 07-Jun-16 13:58:52

Enjoy the sunshine, my house is a tip and it is way too hot for me to go outside.

MrsWalterBishop Tue 07-Jun-16 14:06:14

StealthPolarBear they are 3 and 1, so obviously I've got to supervise them,
I'd feel too mean dragging them inside to watch me clean! So, alas, I must sunbathe in the garden whilst they play...

I'll catch up on the house tonight whilst I'm watching Geordie shore ! grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 07-Jun-16 14:17:32

Exactly. You have no choice but to relax in the sunshine. You're doing it for them

MrsWalterBishop Tue 07-Jun-16 14:56:52

I've come to the conclusion I'm a much better mother when the suns out! Although a slightly worse housekeeper...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now