Neighbour has been stealing my post

(10 Posts)
mizuzu Tue 07-Jun-16 12:02:46

I have had issues with him and he actually accused me of stealing his letters. I have had two solicitor's letters go missing, One from a counsellor and one from a doctor, so as you can imagine filled with very personal information.
I live in a converted house and on the royalmail website I know you can redirect mail I have a feeling he may be doing this as for the last 4 days I have had no letters and on the database we are registered as

35A-B

so it is not separate. Do you think there is a chance he is getting my letters re delivered somewhere else?

I spoke to Royalmail who said on their system my address is listed as just 35

CitaloPam Tue 07-Jun-16 12:15:11

Are there two separate delivery points or a communal box?

If it's communal get a wall box clearly marked with your number and go to your local delivery office to inform them in person.

Redirection applications require ID so that's not likely. In the short term you can apply for free mail collect and pick your mail up from the office.

quasibex Tue 07-Jun-16 13:24:13

Contact your Royal Mail area manager...it might not be your neighbour. It could well be a dodgy post person lifting both of your letters. It does happen.

We contacted our area manager over a delivery discrepancy and they were great. I just called the local sorting office to ask for contact details.

Rainbowzippy Tue 07-Jun-16 13:28:56

We had a bit of this when we had our flat with similar numbering. I caught up with the postman and slipped him £20 and everything went swimmingly!grin

FoggyBottom Tue 07-Jun-16 15:34:21

Maybe you need to rent a PO Box and change your postal address to that? Very annoying for you.

Beeziekn33ze Tue 07-Jun-16 15:38:43

Could be letters to both addresses are going astray?

MyNewBearTotoro Tue 07-Jun-16 15:46:22

If he's accusing you of stealing his letters perhaps letters to both addresses are going missing?

MyNewBearTotoro Tue 07-Jun-16 15:48:24

Also, a re-direct is by the name in addition to the address so if he is receiving your post to another address he would have had to list your name when he organised the re-direct. Only letters to the requested name(s) get redirected, any letters to non-listed names get delivered as usual. He would have had to pay for this too.

whois Tue 07-Jun-16 16:57:40

Sounds more likely there are issues with post getting lost to both flats, otherwise why would he accuse you of stealing letters?

MessedUpWheelieBin Tue 07-Jun-16 18:02:45

Probably post for both is going missing, but IME people who are stealing mail, often do accuse their victims of doing it too.
I don't know if it's because they think others have the same morals as themselves or it helps justify what they're doing in their own minds or to their children when they realise what their mum's doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now