To think this little girl is brilliant?!

(85 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Sun 05-Jun-16 16:50:42

www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvillesmith/be-the-hot-dog-princess-you-want-to-see-in-the-world?bffbmain&utm_term=.okD4Pvam6#.wpMKxnbQP

Princess day at dance school. All the girls arrive in their princess costumes except one. She has come as a hot dog. She has her princess costume underneath and says she is a princess inside!

Now how brilliant is that?

acasualobserver Sun 05-Jun-16 17:03:09

I'm sorry, I don't really get it. One person said they had "never admired someone more". Really?

NeedACleverNN Sun 05-Jun-16 17:08:14

Maybe they went a bit OTT regarding not admiring someone more but all the same this 5 year old child is telling you she is a princess on the inside? Never judge by a cover sort of thing

branofthemist Sun 05-Jun-16 17:13:04

I don't get why being a princess on the inside is something to admire?

What does it mean?

And I definitely think this was mum or dads idea and sold to the child. Probably for social media to get some attention.

PurpleDaisies Sun 05-Jun-16 17:15:25

I don't get why being a princess on the inside is something to admire?

Me neither. I wondered if this was a case of "I forget the fancy dress this week so I had to raid the attic...".

PreciousVagine Sun 05-Jun-16 17:15:51

Yabu. I felt sorry for the other girls when I saw this going viral.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 05-Jun-16 17:17:46

There is a HotDog Princess in Adventure Time cartoon.

Not that that has necessarily got anything to do with it as I haven't read the article!

notamummy10 Sun 05-Jun-16 17:25:07

I'm wondering if it's to do with Adventure Time?

MeAndMy3LovelyBoys Sun 05-Jun-16 17:33:49

Why aren't the other girls brilliant though? Is it because they are girls dressed as... princessesshockshock??

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sun 05-Jun-16 17:37:37

I don't like the whole "be yourself" thing surrounding it. Basically it's saying "be yourself as long as you're a hot dog" but the Princess girls are being themselves too. They just wanted to dress up as princesses and there is nothing wrong with that.

Another one I saw said "be a hot dog in a world or princesses". Same message as above.

PresidentCJCregg Sun 05-Jun-16 17:38:10

Sure she came up with that all by herself hmm

PresidentCJCregg Sun 05-Jun-16 17:38:54

Also not sure why being a hot dog is intrinsically 'better' than being a princess.

MeAndMy3LovelyBoys Sun 05-Jun-16 17:39:18

President I was just thinking the exact same thing. This is all the mum parents.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 05-Jun-16 17:41:16

The dad's tweet says it all.

MeAndMy3LovelyBoys Sun 05-Jun-16 17:42:29

Shit, sorry. It's all the dad.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VashtaNerada Sun 05-Jun-16 17:44:42

The dad said on social media it was her idea which I can well believe - DD was always insisting on random fancy dress. I think as a metaphor it's nice, ie don't give in to peer pressure to look a certain way. I'm sure in reality she didn't give it that much thought though!

MeAndMy3LovelyBoys Sun 05-Jun-16 17:45:46

I feel sorry for the girl having this liberal shit forced on to her. I certainly don't think she's brilliant - I'm embarrassed for her.

Rachel0Greep Sun 05-Jun-16 17:46:59

Puzzled by this, tbh.

FutureFoxglove Sun 05-Jun-16 17:48:50

What does the Dad's tweet say?

FutureFoxglove Sun 05-Jun-16 17:50:02

I hate the way pink princess stuff is denigrated. Some girls and boys loves pink and enjoy dressing up as princesses. So what?
No body eye rolls when lots of little boys dress up as dinosaurs or footballers.

TheRugbyValkyrie Sun 05-Jun-16 17:54:13

"I don't get why being a princess on the inside is something to admire?"
Well maybe because we can't all be princesses on the outside?
The tall girl, the one with braces and glasses, the chubby one, the one with learning difficulties, the one who lives with a foster family, the black girl, none of them would traditionally be a princess. The qualities of a princess come from inside so it really doesn't matter if the princess is wearing a pretty dress or looks like a hotdog!

MeAndMy3LovelyBoys Sun 05-Jun-16 17:56:17

There is a meme on Facebook with a picture of this and it is captioned "Daughter Goals".

What does that even mean?

QueenoftheAndals Sun 05-Jun-16 17:59:26

The whole concept of a school having a "princess day" is a bit hmm anyway.

MsBojangles Sun 05-Jun-16 18:00:19

The whole '#goals' thing makes my teeth itch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now