Should this bottle not have a bit more in it?

(19 Posts)
soapydopeybubbles Sat 04-Jun-16 19:53:54

I picked the bottle up intending to drink it and thought it sounded rather more 'sloshy' than usual so held it up to the window to see how full it was.

I've just compared it to another bottle of flavoured cider, which I bought from the same shop. The second bottle is filled almost to the top where as this one is only about two thirds full.

AIBU? Or am I right in thinking that the bottle should be almost completely full?

fussygalore118 Sat 04-Jun-16 19:55:12

well of course it should be full. unless you've had a sneaky drink and put the cap back on

GooodMythicalMorning Sat 04-Jun-16 19:55:43

It should be up to the neck at least.

cozietoesie Sat 04-Jun-16 19:59:37

Sounds as if someone at the bottling plant had a quick slug and forgot to put it back to the head of the line for a top-up. grin

acasualobserver Sat 04-Jun-16 20:03:26

YABU for drinking an alcopop. (Unless you are 11.)

blackbirdmilkshake Sat 04-Jun-16 20:04:51

yes it should have more in it, obv a machine malfunction. these things happen?

soapydopeybubbles Sat 04-Jun-16 20:07:23

I did wiggle the cap to see if there was any possibility the drink could have leaked but it's properly sealed.

I did buy it from a discount store (a proper, well known chain) but the other bottles I bought (different brands) are all filled properly.

Whenever I buy individual packets of crisps in always a bit surprised at how empty they are (I'm sure they used to be fuller when I was little) and so thought that maybe this was the case with bottles now as well.

soapydopeybubbles Sat 04-Jun-16 20:09:47

I don't mind particularly blackbird I just wondered if this was the norm or whether it was a bit empty. I don't buy single bottles that often and I've never really paid much attention to how full they usually are.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Sat 04-Jun-16 20:10:21

Acasualobserver 11?...blimey, they are starting young these days- I was at least 14 before my first alcopop/20:20/White lightening experience!!!

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Sat 04-Jun-16 20:10:29

Yes crisp packets are definitely lighter.
I'm sure they were full to the brim when I was a nipper.

Apparently wagon wheels aren't smaller these days, it's just we've got biggerhmm

cozietoesie Sat 04-Jun-16 20:11:14

Take it back and demand a full one. smile

allegretto Sat 04-Jun-16 20:12:58

I got a packet of crisps with one crisp in it.

glamorousgrandmother Sat 04-Jun-16 20:16:57

When I was in the co-op in Hayle, Cornwall last year I noticed a three pack of local cider which looked like someone had drunk some. I pointed it out to an assistant who groaned 'Oh, not again!'. Obviously it's a 'thing'.

soapydopeybubbles Sat 04-Jun-16 20:19:44

Urgh glamorous maybe I won't drink it after all confused

It probably is the result of a malfunction at the factory but I'm not sure I want to take the risk.

Penfold007 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:28:44

I think there has been a bottling error and personally I would take it back. How annoying.

frikadela01 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:32:53

Im not sure I'd drink it just in case.

However strawberry and elderflower sounds lovely. I bet it would be nice and refreshing over ice.

acasualobserver Sat 04-Jun-16 21:11:02

However strawberry and elderflower sounds lovely

No.

DrowningInWallStickers Sat 04-Jun-16 21:29:11

hmm @ ACasual

Grilledaubergines Sat 04-Jun-16 22:04:36

The strawberry and elderflower is delicious.

If you can be arsed, take it back. I'd be inclined to just drink what's there and enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now