To wonder why people are blaming the DM for harvesting stories?

(7 Posts)
Mommawoo Thu 02-Jun-16 08:59:51

When it is clearly obvious that it is a mutual collaboration between MN and the DM?

I came across an article about a MN thread and there were several links to the thread along with a 'read the full story here' link at the bottom of the page. The article is obviously intended to drive more readers to MN and is basically a big advert for the site.

MN may not be as big a site as the DM but I'm pretty sure they could tell them to back off if they didnt want their stuff poached on a regular basis , especially as its obviously upsetting a large portion of their readers. MN also never comment on any threads relating to the topic which makes me think they may be in cahoots.

EatShitDerek Thu 02-Jun-16 09:00:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklingbrook Thu 02-Jun-16 09:07:48

It's a business. It's all about the clicks for the advertisers. Publicity is good.

50shadesofTom Thu 02-Jun-16 09:16:37

I agree OP.

meditrina Thu 02-Jun-16 09:18:19

I checked on Alexa.

DM ranked 140th in the world.

Mumsnet is 283 in the UK (6995 in the world, down 181 places).

I have to say I'm posting a lot less and would think it unwise to post anything seriously personal these days. And from the type of threads, I think this is changing the feel of the site.

Egosumquisum Thu 02-Jun-16 09:32:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mommawoo Thu 02-Jun-16 09:43:56

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. An article in the DM must drive a huge amout of traffic to MN which means more money from advertisers. Does seem a little bit like the site is throwing its loyal readers under the bus in order to get more clicks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now