To stay in the living room?

(16 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Wed 01-Jun-16 23:16:13

15yo ds has a friend staying the night.

Dh has a very early start tomorrow, so went to bed at 10.

I didn't want to go to bed that early, and took my cup of tea to the living room, to find that Ds and his friend had brought quilts and tech downstairs, intending to have a filmfest in the living room and not risk disturbing dh.

I said I'd watch the first film as well. But after some emmmming and a txt debate between them, the boys retreated to ds's bedroom.

So I'm sitting here in glorious, peaceful isolation, wondering whether perhaps I was a little unfair on them.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 01-Jun-16 23:21:01

No, your house, your living room. Home is the place You Are Queen grin

TyneTeas Wed 01-Jun-16 23:23:23

15year old me would have been mortified if my Mam had done that! Sorry shock

ExitPursuedByBear Wed 01-Jun-16 23:24:23

You know the answer.

TyneTeas Wed 01-Jun-16 23:26:03

(although I recall agreeing she could watch a film with some if my friends when I was 17 if she went to the offie for some wine for us grin )

LogicalThinking Wed 01-Jun-16 23:31:30

I'd have left mine to it. It's not often they have friends sleep over.

LifeIsGoodish Wed 01-Jun-16 23:41:10

Well, I'm heading off upstairs at midnight, and the boys have returned to the living room to show me the vids they made, and are now teching on the other sofa, so I guess I'm not so awful after all grin

Peppermintea Wed 01-Jun-16 23:42:15

You could have left them to it for one night.

claw12 Wed 01-Jun-16 23:45:23

You did the embarrassing mum thing!

Don't forget to kiss him goodnight with a little sleep tight rhythm!

TyneTeas Wed 01-Jun-16 23:51:02

You need to do kisses and sleep tight rhymes for all of them grin

Iknownuffink Thu 02-Jun-16 00:21:13

Your home, your domain.

100 points for being that cool mum.

Give the boys instructions of how you like your tea/coffee in the morning.

WorraLiberty Thu 02-Jun-16 00:28:10

I remember being 17 and watching a really raunchy movie with my friends on a sleepover.

Halfway through, her Dad came downstairs in his pyjamas and joined us with a bowl of Shredded Wheat.

No-one knew where to look, least of all him blush

I've never seen a man exit a room so fast.

BackforGood Thu 02-Jun-16 00:43:29

Sounds selfish to me.
My dc don't have friends over for sleepovers that often, but if they do, it's sort of expected that they have the living room for a film night. Don't think it's too much to ask.

LifeIsGoodish Thu 02-Jun-16 08:46:37

It was the first time Ds had ever used the living room on a sleepover night. I would have been quite happy to go up early with dh, and leave the living room to Ds and his friend, had dh not wanted to go to sleep early.

I suppose I could have gone and sat on a hard chair in the kitchen for a couple of hours!

hesterton Thu 02-Jun-16 08:50:28

Dc should have negotiated sole use of sittingroom in advance.

You weren't being unreasonable.

LifeIsGoodish Thu 02-Jun-16 11:58:35

Now I've got a pair of teenage boys inflating condoms in the garden and screaming with laughter.

Even I can work out that I do NOT have any urgent gardening jobs to be done right this minute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now