To let dd sit on her lap top all day!

(8 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Wed 01-Jun-16 14:59:17

It's fucking freezing out. shes perfectly happy and im snuggled on the sofawith ddog2 and my phone.

we have done stuff (walks, swimming, beach, shopping) on every other day of the holiday.

ive tried to tempt her with a jigsaw -shes pretty meh anout it. as am i board games. lego. I don't think I have ingredients for baking --and its too fucking cold to make a walk into town to fetch them an inviting prospect.

part of me thinks i need to be the screen police and make her switch off but shes quite happy....

Lilaclily Wed 01-Jun-16 15:00:58

Well if she is 8 months yabu grin

CurlyWurlyCatcher Wed 01-Jun-16 15:09:40

Someone will come along and tell you that it's a bad idea but I think it's fine as a one off! Especially as you have done stuff every other day.
Enjoy some rest brewsmile

TheoriginalLEM Wed 01-Jun-16 15:10:27

shes 10 wink years.

Lilaclily Wed 01-Jun-16 15:12:10

Oh my 9 year old is on the laptop writing a story and yelling at the key board!

FromthePinkGlitterySide Wed 01-Jun-16 17:00:36

We are all having a lazy day today. The dcs and I have been really busy so far during half term and its DHs first day of his week off so we are relaxing. Xbox, films, I read a book and I'm now on MN.
It's been a lovely day grin

OSETmum Wed 01-Jun-16 20:43:16

YANBU but where do you live that it's freezing?!

crazywriter Wed 01-Jun-16 22:23:41

Ack as a one off it will be fine. I used to (and still can) spend hours on the laptop. Sometimes I'd be studying but more often than not I'd write stories. It's gotten me into the career I'm in today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now