To wonder why people eat M&S sandwiches?

(222 Posts)
EatShitDerek Wed 01-Jun-16 11:22:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Savagebeauty Wed 01-Jun-16 11:23:01

I like the cheese and celery, and Wensleydale and carrot chutney.
And I get 20% offgrin

feltcarrot Wed 01-Jun-16 11:24:08

I love the coronation chicken with salad on onion bread! Yum!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 01-Jun-16 11:24:11

I think the biggest problem with sandwiches from places like M&S is that they're too bloody cold when you buy them and that kills any flavour.

PestilentialCat Wed 01-Jun-16 11:24:50

People think M&S food is wonderful - they believe all the adverts I suppose!

I like the Wensleydale & carrot chutney too

whois Wed 01-Jun-16 11:26:19

I like them.
The wendslydale and carrot is good. The smoked salmon on poppy seed is ace.

Tiggeryoubastard Wed 01-Jun-16 11:29:23

I've never eaten a ready made sandwich since I saw an article on where most (including Marks' were made. Utterly disgusting. I look at them and imagine scabs in them.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 01-Jun-16 11:29:32

I can't eat prepared sandwiches and salads until they have been brought up to room temperature, so always try to buy an hour or two before I need them. This improves the taste and texture greatly.

Some M&S or Waitrose sandwiches and salads are quite nice if you can let them warm up a bit (M&S do a pastrami, cheese and sauerkraut on rye that is my usual choice)n but agree that many are generally disappointing and I only get them if I don't really have any choice and usually if I am working and can reclaim the cost.

I am more genuinelly baffled about the success of Subway. I have eaten there twice. Once because I had never had it before and wanted to try it. The second time a couple of years later to check that they really were as disgusting as I remembered, which they were.

Oysterbabe Wed 01-Jun-16 11:30:31

I like the ham and mustard one.

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 01-Jun-16 11:32:57

I dislike shop bought sandwiches because they always smother them in mayonnaise and I cannot stand the stuff.

StealthPolarBear Wed 01-Jun-16 11:33:01

The bean and cheese wrap is lovely
their salads are nice. They did a rice, broccoli ans pepper one but seem to have discontinued it. sad their little pots if salad ae lovely.

Sparklesilverglitter Wed 01-Jun-16 11:33:32

I agree don't get the fuss about m&s sandwiches.
If I forget to bring my own which is very often I blame the baby brain I go to either morrisons or boots and enjoy them from there.

jay55 Wed 01-Jun-16 11:34:53

Because we're hungry and they're there and cheaper than pret.

paxillin Wed 01-Jun-16 11:40:26

Because M&S are everywhere you go, the sandwiches are perfectly adequate, price is just about ok and I am not looking for gourmet food in a £2 sarnie. They easily beat WHS and Boots, the only other shops with similar numbers of branches near workplaces.

NorbertDentressangle Wed 01-Jun-16 11:41:09

I have to say that out of all the supermarket type places M&S do at least have a semi-decent veggie selection (I like the mexican 3 bean wrap) - but as I said earlier they're kept too cold.

Quite often veggie takeaway sandwich choice only consists of cheese and onion/cheese and salad/cheese and tomato, or of you're lucky, egg mayonnaise - all bland and basic.

hollieberrie Wed 01-Jun-16 11:41:32

Mmmmm Wensleydale and caramelised carrot chutney. Sandwich of the gods.
Often sold out though, sob.

That1950sMum Wed 01-Jun-16 11:50:50

That Wensleydale and Carrot one is gorgeous! The pulled pork BBQ wrap is also delicious and I'd happily eat the ham and smoked cheese any time. Lovely!

You're wrong OP.

Sorry!

FreshHorizons Wed 01-Jun-16 11:54:58

I eat them because I like them. You don't like them, so don't eat them- simple.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 01-Jun-16 11:55:08

I like the ham and cheese from m&s

DameXanaduBramble Wed 01-Jun-16 11:55:35

A dirty lunch to die for is their beef and onion sub with cheesy tasters.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 01-Jun-16 11:56:57

Yep, Wensleydale and carrot chutney is the one for me too. I also like duck and hoisin sauce wraps. Agree that they are better at room temperature though.

Northernlurker Wed 01-Jun-16 11:57:06

Salmon and cucumber is nice and I like the BLT one too.

FirstWeTakeManhattan Wed 01-Jun-16 11:57:08

I used to like the crayfish and mango salad but their sandwiches taste weird to me. Definitely better ones out there.

BillSykesDog Wed 01-Jun-16 11:57:25

Aberdeen Angus with chutney is lovely. And the three bean wrap thing. And they're properly stuffed.

I also like that they're properly flavoursome and have seasoning and dressing. They're not just bland. Maybe that tastes like vomit to some people?

acasualobserver Wed 01-Jun-16 11:57:26

I look at them and imagine scabs in them.

They're not just scabs, they're M&S scabs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now