to be a hermit this week?

(11 Posts)
midlifehope Tue 31-May-16 20:45:01

The DC is on holiday this week and dh is away on a holiday. I feel like going into total hibernation mode. I have already turned down a grown up birthday, a PTA request for help, and now some 'distant' friends are asking to visit. Am IBU to give a string of excuses and just hang out with my kids (a 4 year old and a baby)?

midlifehope Tue 31-May-16 20:45:48

and should I feel any guilt?

SweetieDrops Tue 31-May-16 20:47:15

If that's what you feel like doing then YANBU. I'd go crazy looking after two young kids with no adult conversation for a week though.

MsVestibule Tue 31-May-16 20:47:25

When I had a baby and a toddler, I was desperate to take up any invitation so I wasn't left by myself with them for too long!

Why make up excuses? Just tell anybody who asks 'sorry, I can't make it'.

MsVestibule Tue 31-May-16 20:48:03

Guilt about what confused?

midlifehope Tue 31-May-16 20:50:26

I suppose I can't be bothered making conversational effort! That's one of the reasons!

midlifehope Tue 31-May-16 20:55:19

And also people have hurt me a lot lately, and I can't be doing with more of that!!

aintnothinbutagstring Tue 31-May-16 21:00:02

yanbu, sometimes you just have to please yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people out or spending quality time with friends/family but sometimes you just have to take time out and fill up your own cup.

HoggleHoggle Tue 31-May-16 21:02:17

I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. Sometimes me and ds are super social and sometimes there's nothing I like more than us two just bumbling about together, pleasing ourselves.

Owllady Tue 31-May-16 21:04:59

Do what you want, life is too short to sweat this kind of trivial shit
Ok?smile

midlifehope Tue 31-May-16 21:09:54

You're right Owllady, but I can't help blowing up this 'trivial shit' to epic proportions! confused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now