WIBU to come clean with ds6 about the tooth fairy?

(7 Posts)
FastWindow Tue 31-May-16 20:27:59

Hes just lost his first tooth. And although he's keen to do the whole tooth under the pillow thing, he keeps sidling up to me and saying 'but mummy, its you really, isn't it?'

I dont want to lie (he's a smart cookie, with 3 older half siblings ) but i also just want to be the tooth fairy, at least once.

Also i dont want him to go blabbing to his friends who still fully believe!

WWYD? Or have done, confronted with this too-smart-by-half child?! smile

dementedpixie Tue 31-May-16 20:31:00

My ds was like that about Santa and I finally came clean about it at the age of 8. He never believed in the tooth fairy for long at all and we never did the Easter bunny.

FastWindow Tue 31-May-16 21:29:28

I don't get the Easter Bunny at all. St Nick, sure. But the dc get eggs from so many people these days, they can't all be the Easter Bunny. grin

acasualobserver Tue 31-May-16 21:33:52

The tooth fairy doesn't bring money for little boys who don't believe in her/him.

That'll stop the questions.

FastWindow Tue 31-May-16 21:51:08

But he seems to know im lying being fictitious... confused

I'll perpetuate the myth for this first one- I think he'll play along when he sees cold hard cash...

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 31-May-16 22:03:50

Well no, as he approached you about it. It's not like you just said out of the blue. Oh btw. The tooth fairy isn't real.

FastWindow Wed 01-Jun-16 01:51:23

Wellll... I've swapped the tooth for a 2 pound coin.

We shall see whether he votes IN tomorrow grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now