Bagged dog poo hanging from various branches in parks.

(72 Posts)
captainfarrell Mon 30-May-16 22:16:47

I keep seeing this and think AIBU to wonder why someone would bother to clean up after their dog and then tie the plastic bagged poo to a tree or fence. Wouldn't it be better to let the dog mess in an overgrown area where it can biodegrade? Surely leaving it in a bag means it won't breakdown. Am I missing something?

BuggersMuddle Mon 30-May-16 22:21:02

Some say they do this to pick up on the way back. IMO and IME, it's just grim and often sits for ages. I quite like dogs, but I have a cat. This is in part because I don't want to clean up shite. If you have a dog it goes with the territory and I don't think 'cleaning up shite' includes 'leaving it hanging from trees on busy paths and then forgetting it'

GeorgeTheThird Mon 30-May-16 22:30:24

Yes but cats just shit in other people's gardens

DebCee Mon 30-May-16 22:39:17

I have a theory......I think they kid themselves they are going to pick it up on the way back then "forget" to go back that way. At least the first time.

I am not a dog owner and could not understand why anyone would ever do that - it seemed so duplicitous, to pretend to do something pro social - bag the poo - then actually do the opposite.

Then my mum got a dog, I walked it, and ended up with a little warm bag of poo. It occurred to me I could hang it up somewhere and go back for it, and suddenly I realised I had understood the thought process.

But there is so much of it about, I'm guessing they then somehow convince themselves it is OK to keep on doing it?

Revolting, what ever they think they are doing ...

captainfarrell Mon 30-May-16 22:42:09

Oh right, that hadn't occurred to me as there are poo bins in most parks. I think I'd rather put the poo bag into a larger carrier bag until I found the bin so as to distance myself from it..the poo that is! Bit miffed there is no poo emoji

Patterkiller Mon 30-May-16 22:48:05

I see this but disagree that people don't go back for it. If they didn't surely the trees would be covered in bags within weeks.

MummyBex1985 Mon 30-May-16 22:52:00

I don't get it either. We live next to the forest and I see it all the time.

Put it in the bin, FFS!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 30-May-16 22:54:15

Has a bin removed? We had this when a bin was removed. I also struggled to understand the logic of someone who bothers to bag it, just adding to a 'hanging garden' of mess. I complained & the council replaced the bin.

Haven't see it hanging in trees around here...

Only1scoop Mon 30-May-16 22:54:56

I don't get this either I see them hanging from Stile and punch footpath sign on nearby walk

Grim

captainfarrell Mon 30-May-16 22:55:21

That photo looks quite pretty, all colour co-ordinated and all(quite clearly staged)but the ones I see have black bags normally. I imagine mothers explaining to their children " No darling you can't eat the fruit of the shit tree!" grin

WonkoTheSane42 Mon 30-May-16 22:59:22

I have a cat. This is in part because I don't want to clean up shite.

I'm constantly cleaning up my cats' shite. It feels like as soon as I've scooped the boxes one pops back in to befoul it immediately.

Buttock Mon 30-May-16 23:02:31

Ugh. This is why I have no pets. It's bad enough cleaning toddler shot 3/4 times a day. Don't want to add an animal to that .

BuggersMuddle Mon 30-May-16 23:04:17

Wonko Ours started life as semi-feral. He poos and buries. This is more luck than judgment, but since we inherited him, I just go with it.

Ameliablue Mon 30-May-16 23:10:29

It's disgusting and I recently saw a Facebook post about horses dying because poo bags had been tossed in to their fields and been eaten.

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Mon 30-May-16 23:16:21

If I'm not cleaning up toddler shit, then it's other people's cat shit from my garden, and dodging unbagged dog shit on footpaths, and then the dog poo trees.

If wasn't prepared to deal with baby and toddler poo I wouldn't have had kids. Pet owners should be the same - including cat owners. Cats should be litter trained. It's vile.

Junosmum Mon 30-May-16 23:21:27

💩yanbu it's gross

BuggersMuddle Mon 30-May-16 23:22:14

Sorry Susan I can't train my 17 year old cat (who buries his poo anyway) to shit on litter. Umm.

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Mon 30-May-16 23:24:35

No I appreciate that - it needs to be done as kittens.

It's just so frustrating to have to clean up at least 2 lots of animal poo every day before I can let my kids in the garden, when I don't have pets purely because I don't want to be cleaning up more shit!

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Mon 30-May-16 23:26:51

And burying it doesn't help as the kids go digging for their mud kitchen and end up smeared in it.

But equally as vile is the owner of the large dog who lets it shit right outside the school pedestrian gates every day. Outside a school ffs

BreconBeBuggered Mon 30-May-16 23:37:52

Found two of these little gift bags over the weekend: one on the drive, thoughtfully knotted by the owner of a large well-fed dog, and one in the hedge which fell out as the hedge was being trimmed. I'm pretty sure nobody intended vaulting over the gate to collect the first one, and the second was obviously an out of sight, out of mind scenario. Cheers for that, whoever you are.

EnthusiasmDisturbed Mon 30-May-16 23:41:29

It is disgusting

Even if the intention is to pick it up on your way back why would you think other people would want to see this

Should carry a heavy fine of £1000

Buttock Tue 31-May-16 07:56:22

Just put a nappy on them. I think they should be made the law when dog walking. If you're too lazy to pick up the poo bag you left hanging on the branch then at least do something proactive to prevent it happening again 😡

Tartsamazeballs Tue 31-May-16 08:13:56

Hahahahahaha Buttock what the actual fuck is that? Surely most dogs won't crap with something on their arse!?

mrgrouper Tue 31-May-16 08:29:43

Horse poo annoys me more. If dog owners have to pick up, why not make horse riders stop, get off the horse and pick up the poo?

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Tue 31-May-16 08:37:46

I just don't understand people doing this. Take it home!

I used to use a sandwich bag with a fold over top, plus a piece of kitchen roll - use the bag as a 'glove' , turn bag inside out, bingo. And then take it home and flush contents of bag down loo.

My mother once had a fit at the idea of dog poo going down the loo. Couldn't see the objection myself - poo is poo and ours isn't exactly violet-smelling and squeaky germ-free - but she was always exceptionally squeamish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now