aibu to think it is pretty inconsiderate to go into shops with wellies on, leaving trails of mud

(12 Posts)
NoahVale Sat 28-May-16 18:46:17

i followed a mum and her son with wellies into sainsburys just now, ok, if you must, but later noticed great clods of mud in the store.
how inconsiderate.
wipe your feet your bumpkins

DonkeyOaty Sat 28-May-16 18:50:40

I used to sort of jump my wee ones up and down outside first

YANBU

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 28-May-16 18:58:14

I'm sure Sainsburys clean the floor often enough.

abbsismyhero Sat 28-May-16 19:00:07

they have thick treads wiping dies shit to them imho

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 28-May-16 19:00:14

It's not like it's a carpet.

Reminds me that my vet moaned at me the other as I left some sawdust behind on the table after shaking the cat out the cat box which had previously had a rabbit in it! grin. I did think at the extortionate vet prices he can brush up a bit of sawdust!

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 28-May-16 19:25:12

I used to work in a shop. There are far, far worse things that customers have left behind, let me tell you. I wouldn't blink an eyelid a mud.

sandrabedminster Sat 28-May-16 19:25:30

I've had brain dead estate agents trail mud throughout my house. And they are supposed to work for me. Stupid cunts. Counting down the days till I move to another agent.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 28-May-16 19:31:20

Oh yes, a lady trailed a load of dog shit into my surgery on a wheelchair tyre.

Guess who had to clean it up envy < boak

She was not in the least bit bothered, just "Oh, ha ha, you're going to be running late aren't you"

Yeah, Thanks for that, I thought.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 28-May-16 19:33:24

Well I feel sorry for wheelchair woman, it's not her fault the pavements are full of dog shit. I'm guessing getting out the chair and cleaning it may have been a bit difficult.

GreatFuckability Sat 28-May-16 19:42:43

shoes walk on the floor outside. that means dirt gets inside shops. I can't say i'd bat an eyelid tbh. I once had a dog puke up sea water all over the floor of the betting shop i worked in. that was pleasant.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 28-May-16 19:43:49

Trust me Simon she thought it hilarious (I know her well enough)

Yes it gets on wheels, pram and wheelchair but why not say "Oh can you put some paper down" which I would've done. Paper towel or plastic aprons.

I have other people coming into the room after, if I'd said "No I have to close a while to deep clean" how would that go down.

Like I said, she laughed.
When she got home, she left her chair in the garden, someone would clean it.

NoahVale Sat 28-May-16 20:26:02

I'm sure Sainsburys clean the floor often enough.

they do have early morning cleaners, but it is an arrogant attitude

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now