To ask for charity donation for 4 Donmar warehouse tickets for Mon 30 May?

(21 Posts)
lesstressy Sat 28-May-16 17:00:18

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask on here, or if this is the right place but it's such a shame to waste them.
I have 4 stalls seats (next to each other) for the Donmar warehouse this Monday 30 May (Elegy) we can no longer use and it's such a small theatre it will be a shame to have 4 empty seats.
The face value is £37.50 each but I'd be happy for a cheque payable to our local hospice for a £25 each.
If it's allowed, please PM me and I'll meet you at the box office before the performance on Monday.
If it's not allowed, how can I make sure these tickets don't go to waste? It's too late for ebay/ stubhub and we're not local so can't drop these off until late Monday afternoon. I've never had to waste tickets before so not sure how it works.

choccywoccywoowah Sat 28-May-16 17:06:36

If you are that desperate not to let these go to waste - I wouldn't be asking a donation of £100! I understand your sentiment though.

HandsomeGroomGiveHerRoom Sat 28-May-16 17:08:01

Twitter is often good for this kind of thing.

BigGreenOlives Sat 28-May-16 17:09:49

Sell them back to the theatre - if it's sold out & they sell them you'll get the money back & you can donate it to charity.

lesstressy Sat 28-May-16 17:15:26

Thanks all-
I bought them through ATG and they told me yesterday they don't take returns. I can't find a direct phone number for the Donmar to contact them directly.
I'm not on twitter (luddite!) but how do you sell them on twitter- I could try it?

I suppose £100 sounds quite a lot - I thought it was a sensible suggestion as it would be nice for our hospice to benefit but a reasonable donation would be fine. I could split them into 2 lots of two if it helps.

lesstressy Sat 28-May-16 17:54:36

Update: I have now have just two left if anyone can use them.

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 10:17:00

Can anyone use these tickets for tonight's performance? It starts at 7.30. These are top price tickets but a donation of whatever you can is fine- I just don't want them to go to waste!
PM me for details.

Starspread Mon 30-May-16 10:17:44

Stubhub or similar?

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 10:17:52

I meant to say am back to 4 tickets again but can split as needed

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 10:20:11

Thanks but it's too late unfortunately

IceMaiden73 Mon 30-May-16 10:20:11

Try your local Facebook selling pages x

blackbirdmilkshake Mon 30-May-16 10:39:48

Why can't you just give them away...?

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 10:45:21

I guess I will once at the theatre as a last resort ( we're going anyway, these are extra spare tickets) but wanted our local hospice to benefit really

catkirk Mon 30-May-16 10:49:39

What's the donmars policy on bringing extremely loud toddlers?

Good luck finding a home for them, I would love to go but would not be welcome with my companions smile

SmallBee Mon 30-May-16 10:50:23

Once you get to the theatre go directly to the box office and tell them you have spare tickets, there are often people queuing waiting for returns.

traviata Mon 30-May-16 10:54:11

yes, I have in the past approached people as they head towards the box office to ask if they need tickets.

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 11:13:32

Thanks for the tip- I'll do that then.
It's the first time I've been in this position as you can probably tell!
Carlitos- not sure if you've been to the Donmar but your toddler would probably be part of the performance - it's tiny!
Well tonight is sold out so if anyone wants 1-4 tickets I'll be at the theatre from 7pm - Looking forward to it.

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 11:14:39

Sorry Catlink - stupid phone

nobilityobliges Mon 30-May-16 11:21:55

I would call the box office - www.donmarwarehouse.com/donmar/contact-us

Ask them to resell them.

It says tickets are non-refundable but in my experience many theatres give you credit for the resale value of the tickets minus a fee to use against a future performance (if they manage to resell them). They might resell them for less than the face value though.

lesstressy Mon 30-May-16 11:30:57

Thanks nobility but the number they give on their website is actually ATG tickets and they don't take returns.
I can't find a direct number for the Donmar itself.

HandsomeGroomGiveHerRoom Mon 30-May-16 12:34:10

If you're quick, you can set up a Twitter account. Tweet the artists and the venue, and hastag with their names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now