...To just be so proud of my son and want to tell the world?

(19 Posts)
Waterhill Thu 26-May-16 21:38:02

I'm proud of all my DC, of course. Even my little baby girl, but I just feel the need to write down about my DS2.

--Also, been a long-time lurker, and joined today, to ask about names and now want to do everything Mumsnet has to offer!
--
DS2 has really bad anxiety and can have bad panic attacks. He has always loved to dance, but couldn't due to his bad anxiety. At the weekend, he took part in a dancing showcase at an event-type thing. He had a big audience and his dance only consisted of him and then two older girls. So very proud and he got through it, looking as confident as anything. Just received the DVD, and it's fantastic, the clip of his dance is so good - I'm just so proud smile

Anyway, after that pointless thread, I'm going to bed. Will be woken up soon, to feed DD. Wish you well smile what is the proudest thing you have witnessed your DC do?

PinkyOfPie Thu 26-May-16 21:40:15

OP that's a lovely story! Having anxiety myself I know how hard it can sometimes be to even look people in the face, let alone dance on a stage! Well done to your son, I bet you're beaming grin

Yukduck Thu 26-May-16 21:47:08

I am so pleased for you and your dc. What a massive achievement for him. You both deserve to be very proud so enjoy that lovely feeling!

EnidButton Thu 26-May-16 21:50:15

That's a huge achievement! He should be very proud of himself too. star

SaltMarshPirate Thu 26-May-16 21:51:41

Yes, that is really awesome and very brave of your DS. Well done him.
I was ever so proud of our DS yesterday at his sports day. He has Asperger's Syndrome and finds crowds and noises very stressful. He tried really hard and completed all his events and I could have bloody burst with pride!

NannawifeofBaldr Thu 26-May-16 21:52:13

flowers that's a brilliant story. Not a pointless thread at all.

GreenGlassLove Thu 26-May-16 21:54:15

Not unreasonable at all grin
After my DS2's parents died he used to have a panic attack just thinking about going anyway near water, but I remember the first time he went swimming after the event, I was so proud I wanted to burst grin
Well done to your DS!

TheGhostOfBarryFairbrother Thu 26-May-16 21:54:19

What a brave lad! Tell him from me that he's a little star... star

TheWitchesofIzalith Thu 26-May-16 21:54:26

Not U at all, I'd be very proud too! My ds can get vey anxious and stressed about things too. Recently, he managed with his class teacher's help, to overcome his fear of reading out his work in class. I was so pleased for him, as this has plagued him all through primary school and speaking in front of groups is something most of us will have to do as adults at some time or other.
Cherish that lovely feeling :-)

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 26-May-16 21:57:41

lovely story OP.

One of my proudest moment was watching very anxious DS1(10) coming off the boat after a weeks school trip to France wearing a massive straw hat and having had his nails painted for the disco. He would never in a million years have done either of those things at home.

In January he was in hospital for 5 days with facial cellulitis and was at risk of sepsis and meningitis. It knocked his confidence massively and so I was so happy to see him fighting back grin flowers

Steppenwolfe Thu 26-May-16 21:59:45

Well done to your son !😀I bet he got there with lots of help from a fabulous Mum .. Brilliant achievement xx

Chillyegg Thu 26-May-16 22:03:53

Big well done to your son and all the brave dc mentioned on this thread.
My dd weed on her Dgraanny today. I was quite proud. Nothe as impressive as the others but still ...it made me smile grin

whatsnewsmellycat Thu 26-May-16 22:08:00

Awww what a little star! Put a great big smile on my face!

AvaLeStrange Thu 26-May-16 22:11:08

Aww that's lovely.

When my DD not quite 10 she took part in a talent competition whilst we were on holiday, playing her ukulele.

She had form for fainting on stage previously so we were v. nervous for her but she did it. Even DH shed a tear!

Frrrrrrippery Thu 26-May-16 22:13:59

I love threads like this. It's nice to be happy and proud for your son. flowers

PuntasticUsername Thu 26-May-16 22:14:55

That's brilliant OP, lovely to hear!

My boys make me proud every day. <vom> but true.

MeLittleDuckie Thu 26-May-16 22:34:24

Wow, OP that's a massive achievement! So nice to read about great things on MN too, so not a pointless thread!

DS is learning how to walk and it just makes me burst with pride smile

noideanow Thu 26-May-16 22:40:10

Just repeating what other have said, not a pointless thread at all! Well done to your DS.
flowers for you and star (although I bet he'd probably prefer chocolate) for DS.

Katymac Thu 26-May-16 22:42:39

How lovely - well done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now