To give DP lunch for a 6 year old?

(62 Posts)
NoCapes Thu 26-May-16 12:01:01

DP text me about 10 minutes ago saying he'd forgot to make his lunch so could I throw something together and bring it to him
His office is only about 15 minutes drive so I said yes

However
DP usually makes himself a hot lunch to heat up in the office microwave, but there isn't time for that, and I don't really have a lot of 'lunch' stuff in except the things I buy specifically for DS(6)'s packed lunch
So he has -
A tuna mayo & cucumber sandwich (cut into triangles obviously)
A 'fun size' apple
A little car shaped pot of nuts & raisins
An individually wrapped stick of cheddar
A minion frube
A penguin
And - here's the kicker - it's all in an Octonauts lunch bag

He'll be the butt of office jokes forever won't he? grin

bombayflambe Thu 26-May-16 12:03:57

Can't you put it in a plain box? Otherwise it's all fine.

..unless a tin of soup for hinm to heat up in the microwave and a sandwich would actually be less effort?

nomoreheroes Thu 26-May-16 12:06:16

Lol, OP, I think it's funny! My husband regularly remarks that our kids get better packed lunches than we do!

BeStrongAndCourageous Thu 26-May-16 12:07:50

Ha!

A relative of mine who assists in theatre (hospital not performing) never lived down the shame of having his mum bring his lunch to work after he forgot it. She dropped it off at reception and he was greeted with the words: "Sammy's mummy brought his din-dins" in huge letters on the whiteboard when he came out of an operation.

Gatehouse77 Thu 26-May-16 12:09:04

My DH would love a lunch like that. He used to use DD's Boofle lunchbox at times. Any ribbing by colleagues wouldn't bother him either.

Ohnowattsthis Thu 26-May-16 12:10:32

Perfect OP! Plus I bet he will be secretly thrilled!

LondonStill83 Thu 26-May-16 12:11:28

I would like one please!!

NoMilkNoSugar Thu 26-May-16 12:11:34

grin that's the kind of thing I'd do.

Ivegotyourgoat Thu 26-May-16 12:13:31

I think it's sounds nice a you've clearly got a sense of humour with the minions lunchbox.

Do update...

NoCapes Thu 26-May-16 12:19:48

He's left all the Tupperware boxes he usually uses at work <eye roll> and none of the lids and boxes currently taking up a whole draw in the kitchen belong to each other (although I put them all back in after discovering this naturally!)

I'm leaving now, I will report back

OhGodWhatTheHellNow Thu 26-May-16 12:28:48

Can't wait to see what his reaction was... grin

MrsArthurShappey Thu 26-May-16 12:28:51

Oh god NoCapes that's perfect. That's really amused me!

I had to take DH's work shoes to him this morning (he cycles in and forgot to pack them). Sooo tempted to take in his slippers or knackered old Crocs!

DownstairsMixUp Thu 26-May-16 12:32:06

Sounds like a lovely lunch grin Tell us how he reacts !

Crinkle77 Thu 26-May-16 12:32:12

Why doesn't he just go and buy something? By the time you make it and drive there and back it will have taken you approx 45 minutes.

Bogeyface Thu 26-May-16 12:34:25

When H started a new job I bought him a Batman lunchbox and Marvel Superheroes pencil case and he used both! I love things like that grin

molyholy Thu 26-May-16 12:42:08

Erm, just put it in a normal bag fails to see the hilarity The lunch is fine.

Fluffyears Thu 26-May-16 12:43:25

Ha ha sounds like a fab lunch.

Baconyum Thu 26-May-16 12:45:30

Actually I think you'll make his colleagues jealous! They'll all want one (this might piss off some lunch making partners) grin

Baconyum Thu 26-May-16 12:46:27

My pencil case is minions (yes I'm 43 and have a pencil case it's for my colouring pens)

NeedACleverNN Thu 26-May-16 12:47:15

grin sounds fab

HackerFucker22 Thu 26-May-16 12:52:50

Why can't he go out and get his own lunch? Sounds like a massive faff (on your part OP). Surely he has a sandwich shop or something nearby?

Justtrying Thu 26-May-16 12:54:30

I regularly borrow dd's Doc McStuffin or Princess cool bag if I take a salad to work, many of my colleagues do as well. Childrens lunch bags are the right size and often a lot cheaper than a more grown up one.

TempusEedjit Thu 26-May-16 12:58:01

BeStrong that made me proper lol grin

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 26-May-16 12:59:52

Isn't it a bit cheeky to call you to make his lunch & do a 30 minute round trip just to drop it off?

<misses point>

AllTheUsernamesAreTaken3 Thu 26-May-16 12:59:53

USE THE CANTEEN!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now