To plan weekend away without one year old?

(6 Posts)
WinniePooh101 Wed 25-May-16 17:02:12

I have my DP's 40th birthday coming up. I would love to take him away for the weekend but we have a one year old, literally just turned one....and I'm five months pregnant. Would it be unthinkable to leave one year old at home with grandparents for a couple of nights or should I plan a getaway we all go on?

Half of me thinks it's a special birthday it will be a one off it will be okay, the other half of me thinks we're a family now and our DD is so young we should go somewhere that includes all of us.

Thoughts and suggestions hugely appreciated! Thanks

ItsNotYouActuallyItIsYou Wed 25-May-16 17:04:29

I'd go without my children and I have 3 who are much older. If he's a year old he'll never remember this occasion anyway, and I'm sure he'll have a nice time with his grandparents. Enjoy child-free time while you can, you'll soon have a newborn and a toddler!

Chchchchangeabout Wed 25-May-16 17:04:59

I think either is fine but depends what hubby wants. Ask him.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 25-May-16 17:07:59

I'd do it. I left my baby for overnights from about 6 months and for 2 consecutive nights from 18 months, could have done that sooner but the need never arose. You know your child and you know your husband and you know the grandparents; you know whether this is likely to be ok or not.

peppatax Wed 25-May-16 17:08:46

YANBU - go and leave the baby behind. Memories will be made when both your DC are old enough to go and remember

Heatherbell1978 Wed 25-May-16 17:12:35

As soon as my DS stopped breastfeeding (around 5 months) DH and I would leave occasionally with grandparents overnight. When he was 10 months we left him for 3 nights to go to a wedding in Brighton. Not sure if you're asking if it's unreasonable to leave your child at that age full stop or for DHs 40th?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now