Chair smashing

(4 Posts)
RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 25-May-16 10:53:26

On Country House Cleaners last night, the cleaning man encouraged the messy man to get rid of several dining chairs.

By 'get rid' though he meant taking them down to the skip, smashing them to slithereens and saying how good it made him feel.

Some of the chairs were lovely and just needed re-upholstering. People on Freecycle would have killed for them.

Wanton destruction, waste and encouraging other people to chuck out perfectly good stuff.

AIBU to find it offensive to see this, when they could have raised the profile of Freecycle by giving them to people in need of new chairs?

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 25-May-16 10:54:01

slithereens? I mean smithereens. Unless it's Slytherin house doing the smashing.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Wed 25-May-16 10:54:58

And, ranting now, toys that could have gone to a hospital or doctors' reception again just hurled in the skip.

fourquenelles Wed 25-May-16 11:37:28

My understanding was that he smashed up the chairs to prevent the house owner "rescuing" them from the skip and taking them back into the house. I agree that in normal circumstances the chairs should have been reused but I sort of understand where the cleaner chap was coming from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now