To think is a stupid excuse?

(6 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Tue 24-May-16 12:06:06

Dh is doing some weeding at the front of the house.

There's some banging and scraping sounds where he's using a spade to get the root

A man just walked to him and said

"Can you keep the noise down. Me and the dog are trying to sleep"

grin

It's 12.05pm!!

Dh just said "sure I'll stop. I'll carry on at 9pm tonight if you prefer though"

The man has stomped off in a sulk.

Wth?!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Tue 24-May-16 12:15:27

Night shifts maybe? He needs to get some earplugs.

NeedACleverNN Tue 24-May-16 12:19:11

I would understand if we were doing it everyday for hours at a time but he was out there for maybe 30 mins tops (just finished now) and does it maybe every three months.

I doubt he's a night shifter though. He's an older man and his excuse for needing quiet is that "we are a reasonable neighbourhood"

I think if he had said I only finished work a few hours ago dh would have been a bit more understanding

GlitteryPomPoms Tue 24-May-16 12:28:40

Nothing irritates me more than outside noises waking up the dog.
She gets woken up. She gets agitated and starts growling at me to let her outside. She has to be let out the back to make sure everything's okay. If she finds everything's okay, then she comes back into the house with the energy of a puppy and we have to play for about half hour until she's tired. If there's a cat out the back though, which there very often is, she'll absolutely nuts in the garden whilst said cat lounges on top of the shed. I can't get her in for love nor money. What a fiasco.

Inside I am sending evil thoughts and wishing horrible things on the person who woke up the dog. But I would never ever go and tell them. That man is complete unreasonable

wallybantersjunkbox Tue 24-May-16 12:43:45

Do you live in Switzerland, op?

No noise between 12-2pm here. Maybe he should move?

NeedACleverNN Tue 24-May-16 12:52:50

No the U.K.

I'll suggest that if he complains again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now