...To ask whether there are any Land Negotiators/ Estate Agents on here?

(3 Posts)
Summerxsunx Sun 22-May-16 20:22:07

Shameless post in AIBU for traffic as the 'work' section looks a bit empty, sorry blush

As title, I've got an interview for a Land Negotiator role on Wednesday. I'm just wondering if there are any Land Negotiators or Property Negotiators out there that could give me any advice on what I'm likely to be asked in the interview?

And also, if you are a negotiator, how hard is it to achieve sales and earn above the basic salary? (I realise there are many variables to consider but an idea would be good!)

Any help/ advice/ knowledge MUCH appreciated!

araiba Sun 22-May-16 20:36:11

property negotiator = estate agent

show your personal skills and sales skills. how good you are at dealing with problems as they happen all the time

i used to make a good amount of bonus. but the property market changes a lot, and the area and agent will have a lot to do with your potential bonus

you will be expected to do long hours and weekends

SprinkleBlushes Sun 22-May-16 22:05:09

I'm an Estate Agent with just over 10 years of experience.

If you have never done this job before then do your best to give the interviewer the impression that your biggest motivation is money and earning lots of it. When I am interviewing inexperienced candidates I always prefer the ones who openly admit they want to make a lot of money - they tend to be the hardest workers and generally go on to do very well.

As Araiba has already said, the amount you can make will depend a lot on the area you are in but if you are willing to put the hours in then there is definitely money to be made. In Estate Agency any good employer should offer you a commission guarantee for the first few months whilst you build your pipeline although I am not sure if that would also apply in a land role.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you want to pick my brains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now