To be so mad at my ex

(7 Posts)
Laineypotato Sun 22-May-16 18:48:18

So it's Sunday night and I'm going on my first internet date since my husband left me a few months ago (and our one year old DD). It's raining and I so don't want to go out and go to a pub with a stranger after looking after DD all day and just having washed poo off a nappy (hope I don't smell of poo!).

I keep thinking that if my ex was here we could just get a takeaway and watch TV and it would all be so much easier. I never thought I'd have to go through the dating hell again! BTW I'm totally not ready for dating just trying to make myself move on a bit.

I didn't do anything terrible to him, he just couldn't cope emotionally with a relationship and family life I think, or any level of what he perceived as criticism of his lifestyle massive workaholism and constant travelling, leaving me alone a lot with the kids.

And this week after I reached breakdown point he sent lawyers letters about custody and money, which I think is just mean when we could have discussed it like human beings, even with mediation.

So feeling really mad and upset and really not like going on a date, but feel like I need to make myself, although I am leaving chocolate and a magazine as a treat when I get back, hopefully by 9.30 (how long do I need to stay on the date for, I don't even know this stuff anymore?).

Rant over!

Oysterbabe Sun 22-May-16 19:04:33

If you're going to the pub you need to stay for 2 drinks I think.
I hope you surprise yourself and have a great time.

MissElizaBennettsBookmark Sun 22-May-16 20:57:18

Hope you have a nice time OP

winesmile

ThatsMyStapler Sun 22-May-16 20:58:39

go on - you'll have fun! even if its just a story of your first date after ex....

Shakirawannabe Sun 22-May-16 22:31:23

How was your date op?

QOD Sun 22-May-16 22:36:21

wine flowers and 🍆?

TheNaze73 Sun 22-May-16 23:00:44

Let go of the past and try to look forward. Hope it went well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now