demanding colleagues

(4 Posts)
Irena123 Sat 21-May-16 16:44:29

Hello,

I have some problems with entitled colleagues. The situation is that I have asked two colleagues (both male) tif they would like to organise with me a project (an interest group) that would be for many people (also outside the organisation) which would benefit us and many other people. Two more colleagues (male and female) also joined in. But two colleagues identified their common interest (which is god) but now I feel pressured by both to make the whole group about their interest - e.g. the name for the group should reflect their interest (which I cannot identify with but most certainly would like to be part of the group). One colleague even suggested that people with my interest would not reflect the interests of the group. I then made my position clear that it is actually something I am doing (it is my interest).

Certainly I am no doing all the work for them that I would not be part of it and it is all for them two? It is so rude and entitled given that I have asked if they would like to join the project and the other joined afterwards.
Is there any advice how to deal with people like that? Thank you.
confused

Irena123 Sat 21-May-16 16:46:46

Have to mention that I am very grateful for their effort to join and to do it together!

Arfarfanarf Sat 21-May-16 16:47:52

Tell them that this group is about X and wont be changing but by all means they can start their own group which can be about their interest. And that you hope they will enjoy being part of both groups but totally understand if they want to leave your group and focus on theirs.

AdoraBell Sat 21-May-16 16:54:02

^^ that, exactly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now