Am I being a bitch

(20 Posts)
pissedoff71 Fri 20-May-16 13:38:52

I need some perspective .
Oh is childish and irresponsible . Have talked and talked . He always promises to change yet doesn't . Had lovely afternoon planned ( kids with grandma ) he's ruined it with once again selfish actions .
Iv told him I'm sick of him and unless he grows up its over .
Anyway Iv lost my patience I'm going shopping and then to drink wine if no friends can join me . Iv not bothered telling him where I am as I want him to learn what it's like when your partner is
Selfish
Immature
Childish
Thoughtless and self centred

Twitterqueen Fri 20-May-16 13:41:09

Difficult to judge with so little information.
However, since you are clearly upset, you have talked about it, he promises to change and doesn't....

No of course you are NBU flowers wine

TheUnsullied Fri 20-May-16 13:41:59

What's he actually done then?

icouldabeenacontender Fri 20-May-16 13:44:03

Depends on what he did?

TheNaze73 Fri 20-May-16 14:02:56

What did he do? Not enough info here

Pinkheart5915 Fri 20-May-16 14:19:36

You sound upset, but I can't tell you if your being unreasonable as you don't say what your oh has done.

pissedoff71 Fri 20-May-16 15:42:18

Not a lot really just let me down again . It's the constant not changing despite promising . Straw that broke camels back and all . I'm maybe been childish but I feel like it

TheUnsullied Fri 20-May-16 15:51:23

Nobody can really tell you if you're being a bitch with no details. Hope you feel better though brew

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 20-May-16 16:20:06

No one can judge if you don't tell us what he did. confused

pissedoff71 Fri 20-May-16 16:20:37

He doesn't do anything
Doesn't pay bills that's he's meant to
Forgets anything and everything and leaves everything to me . Iv got sick of the promises he will grow up . I'm not sure what's wrong with me

OhForCodsHake Fri 20-May-16 16:22:28

There's nothing wrong with you, believe me.

pissedoff71 Fri 20-May-16 16:24:28

It's nothing major just a constant stream of let downs today quite insignificant - I just wonder how u can let people down when you promise them to change so much
This is nothing don't know why I'm upset he forgot to ask for the day off when my dad died for his funeral .
Just the last straw . Sat having wine watching the world go bye . Feel a total bitch seeing the anxious where are you texts but even worse feel pleased he's suffering - so there I'm a bitch . But it's better than murdering him which I may of done if I had stayed home

Arfarfanarf Fri 20-May-16 16:41:03

If he wanted to change - he would. Clearly he doesnt care enough about your pov to make the changes you would like - which, given they are basically "be a functioning adult" are not actually unreasonable, i guess the question is - Do you want to stay with him?

crankyblob Fri 20-May-16 16:51:51

But what do you consider a let down?

There is a big difference between him knowing what you want and ignoring you and you expecting him to know and being annoyed that he doesn't mind read! The second is BU obviously!

Having said even with the second, some people work at different speeds and it can be frustrating to be with someone if they don't match your get up and go for stuff!

crankyblob Fri 20-May-16 16:54:17

You shouldn't have to feel like his mum though!

2ManySweets Fri 20-May-16 16:56:59

Keep ignoring the texts and enjoy the sunshine and wine. He'll survive x

TheGoodEnoughWife Fri 20-May-16 17:04:02

I think you are being unreasonable expecting him to change tbh.

I assume he has always been like this? And I get he has said he will change but realistically although people do change sometimes and over time I think expecting such major change is unlikely.

Therefore I think you need to accept this is how he is and decide whether you want to live this way.

AliceScarlett Fri 20-May-16 17:06:30

Ltb

ollieplimsoles Fri 20-May-16 17:08:49

Does he let his kids down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now