AIBU to think AIBU is being made for TV??

(10 Posts)
TheGreaterGood Wed 18-May-16 17:09:33

I've been sent the attached email about a new pilot TV show which is basically a televised version of AIBU.

Not sure who 'Betty' is but I don't think she's a member of MNHQ! Perhaps she works for the Daily Mail and they've found a new and interesting way of bastardising MN? shock

MrsJoeyMaynard Wed 18-May-16 17:11:38

Looks like a "wind people up and watch them fight" sort of talk show.

IcyTeaAndScoopyScoopyDogDog Wed 18-May-16 17:11:55

www.betty.co.uk/

Looks like they scrape the barrel alright.. Obsessive Compulsive Country House Cleaners for example

WorraLiberty Wed 18-May-16 17:18:04

That looks brilliant!! grin

I don't know if it's AIBU for TV (probably) but why not.

TheGreaterGood Wed 18-May-16 17:25:34

It's the fact that the email attachment is called 'AIBU' that made me think it's a direct rip-off...

Thanks for the link ice - Oooooo, Betty, you do look grubby!

PingPongBat Tue 31-May-16 18:21:20

I've just got an email invite from SRO Audiences to the pilot programme - the email says:

"AM I BRING UNREASONABLE?

This brand new show aims to help people solve their moral dilemmas after our audience has heard all sides of the story. There will be a huge range of topics covered; from people worried about the choices their loved ones are making, to others whose frustration with modern life causes embarrassment in the family.

We are looking for people who have an interest in the lives of others, and those who might be happy to give some advice or voice an opinion, during what will be a very fun and lively show.

Our celebrity hosts will be asking the audience for their opinion on our stories, either by commenting or by casting their vote in the studio.

If you’re outgoing, articulate and would like to voice your opinions as part of the audience, or simply come along and be a part of our audience to enjoy the show, then we'd love to see you!

This pilot episode will be recording at The ITV London Studios on Friday 3rd June, with one episode taking place at 1.30pm, and one at 5.45pm."

PingPongBat Tue 31-May-16 18:22:09

and yes it does say "BRING" unreasonable confused

Zoomtothespoon Tue 31-May-16 18:32:45

Ping pong there was a thread a few weeks back from a poster asking if she should quit after that massively fail! I'm wondering if she was trying to promote her show shock

Egosumquisum Tue 31-May-16 18:34:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lifesalongsong Tue 31-May-16 18:34:59

The thread a few days ago was started by a regular posting joking about being responsible for the typo, she certainly wasn't promoting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now