2 year old obsessed with willy

(29 Posts)
Abbinob Tue 17-May-16 08:12:15

Is this uh, normal?
He shuts the door in his room and gets and plays with his willy, I think that's because I told him that it's private and he shouldn't do it in front of people.
By plays with I mean he tries to dangle things from it! I'm worried he's going to hurt himself the other day he stuck it through the camera hole in my phone case (not with my phone in obviously) and when I came in just shouted "OH HEY MUMMY! LOOOOOK MY WILLY IS ALL STUCK!"I suppose he's just discovered a new toy but how do I make sure he doesn't injure himself? Obviously not having a penis I don't really know what would hurt etc

DeltaSunrise Tue 17-May-16 08:16:58

It's normal as far as my experience with 2 boys suggests. I just left them to it, it's their penis so I guess they'll know when they're hurting it. I did the same as you, telling them that playing with it is done in private only.

I do remember once ds1 trying to stick the tail of a tiger toy in it. "Get that tiger out of your penis" is something I never thought I would say until having kids.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 17-May-16 08:21:36

Try not to make an issue of it and he'll probably get bored of it. How about putting him in vests that popper up under neath or a one-sie?..out of sight out of mind.

Fluffyears Tue 17-May-16 08:35:45

Yep and now he'll spend the rest of his life playing with it like most males. My mother says 'it's a toy for life' when my aunt was shocked by her grandson twisting and pulling his as she only had girls so it came as a surprise.

PotteringAlong Tue 17-May-16 08:36:16

Yup. Completely normal!

MadSprocker Tue 17-May-16 09:37:22

Delta that made me cry with laughter.

ShowOfHands Tue 17-May-16 09:41:48

Try not to make an issue of it and he'll probably get bored of it

Bwahahahaha.

Nope.

I've patented my bored "ds please remove your hands from your pants" line. He just likes to hold it apparently. It gets lonely. He only stuck the pencil under his foreskin because he was bored. He was genuinely interested in counting how many CDs he could hoopla into it.

It goes on and on and on and on. Ad nauseam.

MissHooliesCardigan Tue 17-May-16 09:42:08

Completely normal and many of them never grow out of it. When DS2 was aged around 3, he used to hang wooden rings on his when he had an erection. I remember my very prudish DM being summoned to his bedroom to 'look at what I made' to be shown 'my pretty willy with rings on'. She didn't speak for about half an hour which is a record for her.

ShowOfHands Tue 17-May-16 09:42:36

*onto

QueenArseClangers Tue 17-May-16 10:03:24

Ha ha MissHoolie!

One of our DS summoned us to the bathroom when he was litle as he was in the bath and had created a desert island (scrotum) complete with sticky up willy palm tree. He was
Well chuffed to have added a Lego Jack Sparrow that was shinning up the 'palm tree' blushgrin

It's all widges, bums, busters, poos and wees for a loooooong time!

Believeitornot Tue 17-May-16 10:06:53

Ignore.

If he does it in public then distract him by getting him to do something else.

Tuiles Tue 17-May-16 10:10:51

Along similar lines we have a little mantra for DS to focus on for improving his school work - "Capital letters, full stops and no bums".
He has a propensity for writing every sentence to include the word bum, sometimes quite creatively, but not entirely edifying!

tupperwareAARGGH Tue 17-May-16 10:36:14

Mine tried to fill his up in the bath with his plastic teapot, has dangled god knows how many things from it, asked me if ginger nuts are made from his 'nuts' while grabbing his will and forcibly moving it out the way so I defiantly knew what he was taking about as he's sort of ginger.

He's 6 still never leaves it alone as 'it gets sweaty mummy, I have to unstick it'.

Some boys just can't leave the thing alone!

splendide Tue 17-May-16 10:43:03

Last night DS (18 months) was pouring imaginary tea from his little teapot into a stacking cup then holding it to his mouth and making a drinking noise. "Oh that's clever DS yes you've made tea!" Then to my mouth and making a drinking noise "Oh DS thank you! Tea for mummy how kind!". Then ditto to his toy dragon and to teddy.

Then pulled his nappy down holds his penis to the cup and makes a drinking noise confused. "Errr, is that a cup of tea for your willy DS?" Emphatic nodding.

Abbinob Tue 17-May-16 11:30:58

Oh it's all wee and poo here too, "oh mummy i made you a drink, try a bit!" (a pretend one obviously in a toy cup) then when i try it he goes "hahahahahahahaaaaaa it's WEE TEA!" and i have to act grossed out grin same thing for cakes, that are then "haaaa mummy, that's a POO CAKE! you ate POO CAKE ha ha ha"

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 17-May-16 11:42:03

Ds called me in to examine the funny thing he'd found in his Willy that felt nice to touch. I declined to rub it for him!
At 5 it's still all about wee and poo. We had to stop him telling his made up jokes as they were "Why did the pig put his head in the toilet? So he could eat some poo!" Or a variant of. Accompanied by hysterical laughter.

lissa90 Tue 17-May-16 11:58:25

I thought my DS holding it constantly was bad enough!

ProudAS Tue 17-May-16 12:31:52

The reason little boys play with their willies is that they are practicing being men!

Loving these stories

Only1scoop Tue 17-May-16 12:35:44

My dd has taken to fiddling around with her bits.... She says it feels nice especially the willy bit at the front confused

purpleaura Tue 17-May-16 12:35:50

Ah, I needed a good laugh, thanks op! My 2.5 yo had not yet developed his willy obsession yet but we are waiting for the day to come. Interested and amused to see what's in store!

Only1scoop Tue 17-May-16 12:36:24

'Its wee tee'
grin

bellybuttonfairy Tue 17-May-16 12:38:15

I have two older dd's - so my ds's obsession with his willy was a shock to me.

He is fascinated with it.

A few weeks ago I caught him putting cheerios into his foreskin.

After that he had a horrible infection that I had to took him to A&E for (OOH GP would accept him so referred to a and e incase there was still a cheerio still stuck up there....)

All very embarrassing for a Sunday morning. Although my upset 4 year old did say to the nurse "I'm not going to play with it anymore".

He has been less obsessed since.

Still likes to talk about wee and poo though <sigh>

I

edwinbear Tue 17-May-16 12:38:56

6 yr old ds was shoving a pencil up his last night when he should have been doing his homework.

underrugsswept Tue 17-May-16 12:46:40

My 2 year old DS likes to squat naked after a bath and dangle his willy onto the carpet. grin

t4gnut Tue 17-May-16 12:48:16

Wait till he hits 13 - 14.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now