To think my life will become much more dramatic and exciting when DD starts school? (Lighthearted)

(12 Posts)
teafortoads Tue 17-May-16 06:24:58

Given that so much hostility/action/bitchiness/excitement seems to get played out across the UK's playgrounds on a daily basis, am I wrong to be slightly looking forwards to the frisson of excitement this will add to my extremely dull life?

storminabuttercup Tue 17-May-16 06:29:11

You may be disappointed, I rarely see any drama. However I'm one of those who is there the final minute before the bell goes for start of school and MIL does the pick up.

Euphemia Tue 17-May-16 06:32:38

If there's no drama, create some!

Create a clique, "Wendy" people, pick on the teacher - much fun to be had!

Tigresswoods Tue 17-May-16 06:47:27

No drama here.

I've heard friends talk about their "playground anxiety" but they haven't elaborated why they have this.

teafortoads Tue 17-May-16 07:33:59

Disappointing! Am rubbish at creating drama, was hoping for some 'ready to wear'.

NarcyCow Tue 17-May-16 07:44:39

Our childminder drops them off and picks them up. I wouldn't recognise any of the other parents (or most of the children!).

BabyGanoush Tue 17-May-16 07:54:32

We have drama

Two dadspunched eachother just outside the school gates last week hmm as their daughters had had a fight.

It scared lots of kids.

Can't wait to leave the playground behind, ours is bonkers, I could write a book!

bunnie1975 Tue 17-May-16 10:53:07

Mine seems quite quiet tbh, only went to this school 4 years ago so DD2 was in p5 so didn't get to know any parents, DS has been at the nursery for 2 years now & starts p1 after the summer, but I only know one or two parents to talk too, no idea on names etc. Most people know each other so stick to their groups.

BillBrysonsBeard Tue 17-May-16 11:57:02

You might be disappointed OP, I've only ever heard about it on MN. Most people don't want any drama! Think you just get to hear the horror stories on here..

Baboooshka Tue 17-May-16 12:56:00

Yes, DD is starting school next year, and from MN I always imagine the playground at pick-up time to be a seething mass of rage, grudges and possibly the odd shanking. Sort of like a prison yard, but with Breton tops and skinny jeans?

Just give everyone lots of Looks. That's what it seems to come down to. Long cold stares and bitchy raised eyebrows. hmm The drama will find you.

BoboBunnyH0p Tue 17-May-16 13:12:33

Had no drama with DD, however a few weeks after DS started reception one of the grandmother's asked me to have a word with ds because apparently he had been hitting and pushing her granddaughter. I replied no due to the fact I hasn't been made aware of any behavioral issues regarding my DS by his teacher. Turns out neither other child's mother or grandmother had raised their concerns with the teacher. When I spoke to the teacher she had no issues with his behavior, it turns out he had accidentally bumped into her granddaughter during a game.
Tbh there are several rough parents at DCs school who would have punched her for accusing their child of been a bully.

ChinchillaFur Tue 17-May-16 13:24:28

You would be disappointed at our school! Most people seem to be friendly and just 'normal'. I think there have been a few minor troubles but most of it passes me by.

I would love it if just once there was something dramatic like a fight, but actually we love our quiet little village school smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now