WIBU to call police?

(3 Posts)
Heartbroken2007 Tue 17-May-16 01:45:58

Live on a large London estate (think used to be all council, now a mix of owners, renters, social etc - makes no difference just giving an idea of size/layout of estate). Work up to hear shouting/banging on door, someone saying 'let me fucking in' etc. Absolutely terrified, sounded like the front door to my block so crept down and saw no one there. Stuck head outside and saw a bloke hammering door of block opposite, getting increasing violent/upset. I called the police - they came, were v nice but he wasn't there anymore. Asked them to knock on door/check on block generally but think they thought I was overreacting. Was I stupid? I was just scared for someone inside there...

HighDataUsage Tue 17-May-16 03:36:19

Not over reacting at all, I did something similar not long ago. I woke up to a couple having a screaming match outside. I called the police on 101 & they sent someone round immediately. Unfortunately, the couple had gone indoors by then but I'd do it again. The man appeared to be intimidating the woman by holding her head and screaming at her face.

Roomba Tue 17-May-16 07:43:31

YANBU, that must have been very scary for you. I've had to do the same a few years ago when a very angry guy was pounding away on my door whilst screaming for me to open the door. I was alone with baby DS and terrified, I had no idea who he was and he was so aggressive he was literally foaming at the mouth! Fortunately he was still trying to kick the door in when the police arrived - turns out he had the wrong house but I still remember how scared I was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now