To think children steal your pretty ?

(207 Posts)
CopperPot Sat 14-May-16 16:37:53

Just that, really!

I used to do my hair and make up and feel pretty good about how I looked. Now, after two children and no sleep for 3 years I look shit whatever I do sad

Will it ever come back?

Nanny0gg Sat 14-May-16 16:39:28

Steal your pretty???

Really?

<bites tongue>

Euphemia Sat 14-May-16 16:40:14

My adjectives are not for stealing.

CopperPot Sat 14-May-16 16:41:44

grin

LizzieMacQueen Sat 14-May-16 16:43:06

No, but they steal your sleep. You never get that back.

ToucheShay Sat 14-May-16 16:43:31

No, I'm not that strung up about how I look.

I'm clean, presentable, happy and LOVE my DD's.

ChicRock Sat 14-May-16 16:43:32

No, since having DS I've never looked better <preens>.

Euphemia Sat 14-May-16 16:44:09

She steals my make-up. angry

BathshuaSpooner Sat 14-May-16 16:45:21

Damn straight she stole it..along with my money and my sanity!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 14-May-16 16:45:46

I agree. The lack of sleep, which I have never got back. Plays havoc on the body.

Janefromdowntheroad Sat 14-May-16 16:47:09

Yes.

It comes back when they are about 5 and you teach them to make their own food, wipe their own arse, how to shower and most importantly how to use the TV remote.

CopperPot Sat 14-May-16 16:49:34

Yes I love my children too confused probably too much whereby I don't look after myself very much.

Glad it came back for you, Jane!

Katedotness1963 Sat 14-May-16 16:49:56

No. I've always been unattractive.

BathshuaSpooner Sat 14-May-16 16:50:01

Btw, Op, I sort of get what you mean. It seems to me that those very early years are sort of guerilla parenting. You are so occupied with keeping up with all those baby demands. Do you have help from a dp or family? Could anyone care for your little one's so you have the opportunity to go to gym or do whatever you need to feel better about yourself?

Drinksforeveryone Sat 14-May-16 16:50:06

[[

JustLostTheGame Sat 14-May-16 16:52:25

Yes they suck the sleep out of you and you spend so much time trying to catch it up again you dont get time to do the beautifying.

CopperPot Sat 14-May-16 16:53:23

Kate sad

I'm definitely not gorgeous or anything but I used to feel ok about myself. This thread wasn't a stealth boast at all.

Bath - not really, H is pretty useless too so onus on me to do two parents worth. It'll be better when they're both at school I'm hoping.

Just5minswithDacre Sat 14-May-16 16:58:58

'Steal your pretty' is from the same grammar revolution as 'Because; kids' isn't it? sad

JustLostTheGame Sat 14-May-16 17:00:45

Who cares? You know what OP means. Ease up with your big red pen.

CopperPot Sat 14-May-16 17:02:12

Language is fluid and changes all the time so yabu smile

Last week I had a facial, got my hair done. Today I got a make up lesson and bought some good products. I still look rough. Just made me feel quite down as I'm only 30

BabyDubsEverywhere Sat 14-May-16 17:02:37

I've always looked like a bag of shit, DC didn't 'steal my pretty' but they gave me a damn good excuse for looking like this. :D

BathshuaSpooner Sat 14-May-16 17:02:52

Copper, I'm sorry to find your DF is not helpful. sad You should be able to depend on him to assist with your babies. Seeing as that is not an option at this point, can you think of a few simple things that would help you feel better? Perhaps getting a yoga or exercise vid to do when the little ones are napping. What would it take to make a difference for you?

DinosaursRoar Sat 14-May-16 17:02:57

Mine have - I just can't do pretty on no sleep. (2 years, 11 months and 10 days since I last had a full night of uninterrupted sleep)

I'm making more effort but it's just not possible to replace sleep with make up once you are post 30. Still, my dcs are so unspeakably beautiful, no one notices their mother anymore! (I might be a tad biased)

Just5minswithDacre Sat 14-May-16 17:03:55

Nobody's marked her Game confused
Who cares?*

The people commenting on the interesting new grammar, fairly obviously hmm

Some people find different things distracting. I'm great with naturism, shit with pidgin English wink

KellyElly Sat 14-May-16 17:04:26

I hear you OP. I had zero wrinkles and zero grey hairs and now I have some fine lines around my eyes and some grey hairs. I'm pretty good with make up, so can cover the dark shadows under my eyes, but they've definitely got worse too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now