Or is dp?

(10 Posts)
Abbinob Sat 14-May-16 13:57:58

DP put ds in the shower with him through choice, I never do this because ds is really annoying to shower with.
I thought great I'll have 10 mins peace to sit down or whatever so that's what I did.
Dp comes out the shower in a massive strop because apparently I should have got ds's clothes ready whilst he was in the shower. And he's annoyed because I wanted to go in the shower instead of getting ds dressed. If I bath with ds I just put his towel robe thingy in him, get myself ready then dress ds, but apparently he can't do that.
Yesterday I was up at 5am for work, finished at 12 and took ds out with me until 7:30 so dp had pretty much from 12-7pm for himself yesterday. He never takes ds by himself.
I'm really tired today after yesterday and all I wanted was 10 minutes of not having to think of ds and dp first and I stupidly figured being an adult and a dad he could just do it?

GunnyHighway Sat 14-May-16 14:04:16

Well when I used to shower/bath with the kids I'd wrap them in a robe or towel. Not really that hard

DoinItFine Sat 14-May-16 14:06:47

YANBU

You are not his psychic maid.

FuzzyOwl Sat 14-May-16 14:16:46

YANBU. DH does the bedtime bath routine here but it took him months to be able to remember he needed to get a nappy, changing mat and towel ready for afterwards.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 14-May-16 14:27:30

He should have sorted it out before undressing.

Abbinob Sat 14-May-16 14:37:04

And apparently because I asked him to drop ds off at my work after nursery (to clarify, ds nursery is about a 4 minute walk away from my work, but he has to be picked up BEFORE 12 as that's when the nursery shuts so I can't pick him up. I was meeting a friend and only taking ds as a favour to dp really because he had a day off work and I thought he'd like some peace. He didn't bother taking ds to nursery so he walked from home to meet me, which is still only about a 10 minute walk from our house and apparently he's done me a huuuuuge favour hmm that I didn't even ask him to do, and that was to enable him to have peace and quiet to do whatever for the rest of the day. I work opposite the train station so seemed pointless for dp to pick ds up from nursery, take him home then me go fetch him and walk back l to where I came from.
It's not my fault he didn't take him to nursery is it, all I asked of him was a 5 minute detour

RaeSkywalker Sat 14-May-16 14:38:49

YANBU.

Euphemia Sat 14-May-16 14:47:23

It sounds like the two of you need to communicate better.

Tell him what you need/want to happen. Spell it out. Tell him you need time to yourself. Tell him when you want it.

If he thinks that's unreasonable, ask him why.

Abbinob Sat 14-May-16 15:00:26

I don't think I should have to tell him that if ye's showering ds then to also get him dressed and sort of clothes etc? Like I do and like everyone else who has ever bathed their child ever has done. That would annoy me more than him having a strop about it.

Euphemia Sat 14-May-16 16:01:57

That's not what I meant. I meant more like "I would like the afternoon to myself next week. Can you have DS?" or "While you're bathing DS I'm going to watch TV and relax."

I don't think he understands that you need downtime. Did he know you were taking DS with you the other day to give DP peace, as you thought he'd like that? Or did DP take it for granted that you'd have DS, because he's never expected to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now