To not want to tell my OH about my personal groomin??

(195 Posts)
Heresashitinaboxpat Fri 13-May-16 19:47:06

I refer to this as mummy maintaince and what I mean is... I'm bleaching my upper lip and finding where my bikini line ends and leg hair begins!
Should I be honest?
Do you ladies/ gents keep anything like this secret?

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 19:48:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RoganJosh Fri 13-May-16 19:49:55

YABU to call it Mummy maintainance. You aren't his mummy.

Heresashitinaboxpat Fri 13-May-16 19:50:24

Haha glad it isn't just me that has that... I blame the hormones of child birth... They clearly hate me and want me to look like a fucking yeti

Heresashitinaboxpat Fri 13-May-16 19:51:16

Lol but I am a mummy... Luckily we don't have that weird a relationship where he calls me mummy... That would make for a whole new thread!

SanityClause Fri 13-May-16 19:51:19

I think your OH would notice if you were rocking a blonde moustache, TBH.

NorbertDentressangle Fri 13-May-16 19:52:31

YABU for the use of the term "mummy maintenance" alone

grin

JustLostTheGame Fri 13-May-16 19:52:44

Agree its odd to call it mummy maintenance. Is just hair maintenance. Does he call shaving his face "daddy maintenance"?

Junosmum Fri 13-May-16 19:53:31

Nope, DH are very liberal about such things. Share pretty much everything.

Bleaching your 'tache doesn't make it less obvious. Just saying.

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 19:53:41

Heresashitinaboxpat Fri 13-May-16 19:54:44

It's kinda my way of saying please for the love of God don't ask what I'm doing!
What should I call it instead? I am kinda insecure about it to call it hair maintenance

JonSnowsBeardClippings Fri 13-May-16 19:56:00

Personal grooming aka none of his fecking business

EatShitDerek Fri 13-May-16 19:56:36

JustLostTheGame Fri 13-May-16 19:57:42

Just be honest!! You've had a child with this man FGS!

Donatellalymanmoss Fri 13-May-16 19:58:46

Just out of interest what did you call it before you had children?

DoreenLethal Fri 13-May-16 19:59:17

I've never called it anything.

Surely what you do in the confines of the bathroom is your own business?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 13-May-16 19:59:43

Mummy maintenance is really cringey and it suggests your doing something cringey too.

Do the shaving/bleaching etc when you have a shower and then just refer to it as showering? To be honest I just say I'm going for a shower and thst includes shaving my legs/sorting my eyebrows/drying my hair... I don't need to bleach anything yet but I'd probably do it then if I needed too.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 13-May-16 20:00:18

Although to be honest if DP wanted to talk to me while I share my legs or whatever that wouldn't bother me at all.

twirlypoo Fri 13-May-16 20:00:32

I also want to know what you called it before you had a child?

I am a chronic oversharer, I have no shame! It's easier that way!

JustLostTheGame Fri 13-May-16 20:01:38

Just tell him youre having a shit. Men seem to spend half an hour per shite so tell him youre taking a leaf out if his book.

brittabot Fri 13-May-16 20:02:15

My personal grooming is clearly minimal as I have never had to explain what I am doing to my DH. I go in the bathroom and lock the door and that's the end of it.
I could be in the bath or on the toilet or doing whatever but I really don't feel the need to tell him (unless I want him to bring me wine in the bath in which case I don't lock the door).

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Fri 13-May-16 20:02:34

"Mummy maintainance" hmm.

Why do you need to say anything, why would he even ask? Just say shaving and that or grooming or mind your own business.

Ceilinglight Fri 13-May-16 20:03:49

I agree with pp, just do it when you have a shower then there's no need to refer to anything.

Is it really that bad admitting you're shaving your legs? Surely he notices when you go from yeti to smooth?

Heresashitinaboxpat Fri 13-May-16 20:04:48

I never had this issue before children! Hence why now I'm a mummy it's a maintaince issue

bluespiral Fri 13-May-16 20:08:59

Mummy maintenance, boak

I shave under my arms and my legs. I don't hide it from DH, and I don't draw particular attention to it either...it's just part of having a shower. If he comes into the bathroom while I'm shaving I couldn't care anymore than if I was putting on moisturiser or whatever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now