To think the Yodel delivery guy is drinking all my wine?

(12 Posts)
MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 12:58:25

GRRRRR I'm so annoyed.

I'm having a Eurovision Song Contest Party tomorrow (oh it's sad I know but I LOVE it) it's also the first gathering we've had since DP and I moved onto our first flat together.

So I saw the other week that Aldi were doing free delivery on wine cases, so I ordered a few, 18 bottles of wine in total.

And Aldi's delivery company is Yodel. Whose courier picked up my wine from the warehouse or depot or whatever on Monday then fell off the face of the earth. Not even attempted delivery here and the live webchat person says it's not been scanned as out for delivery so is missing. Yodel don't give a shit so have contacted Aldi.

But now I have no wine and very limited funds to buy more as I spent my spare cash on the bloody Aldi order in the first place!!

I'll look like a mean host and can only offer leftover Port miniatures, half a bottle of Captain Morgan's, or we'll all have to drink DPs yucky cider.

angry Hope the Yodel person enjoys my wine.

MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 13:16:33

Will be MadHattersRandomLeftoverChristmasDrinkParty sad

KnitsBakesAndReads Fri 13-May-16 13:19:55

Yodel are a terrible company. Their drivers are treated appallingly too. I wouldn't be surprised if the parcel is still sitting in Yodel's warehouse waiting for a courier to collect.

YANBU to be annoyed. YABU for serving port at a Eurovision party though. wink

MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 13:24:02

I know! I was so looking forward to my pick of wines! I'm sure people will bring some and we'll of course make sure there's enough to drink (DP says no way he can watch Eurovision without the option of getting quite pissed)

fascicle Fri 13-May-16 13:26:14

Your contract is with Aldi - it's their responsiblity to sort this out. Can you contact them, tell them it's urgent, and either get them to deliver by tomorrow, or is there a store you could collect from?

cranberryx Fri 13-May-16 13:28:29

Yodel stole my laptop twice it kept being marked as out for delivery but then never arriving. In the end I had to phone the company and they refunded me.

My current company had a meeting one day and there was an issue with yodel when a driver chucked a heavy box (think 40kg) over a fence without knocking. It hit a dog and broke its back legs. Although I think this was a rumour, it was one of the complaints about 5 years ago.

MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 13:28:34

I've submitted all the details to them and the screenshot of the webchat, no reply yet- nearest Aldi is a train ride away and we've no car. I'm hoping they get back to me quickly but I don't think they'll refund the money before tomorrow.

fascicle Fri 13-May-16 13:49:55

Just in case you need to prompt them and don't have it, this is a freephone number for their Customer Services: 0800 042 0800.

MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 13:53:11

Thanks smile

I'll give that a go in a bit. Wish companies wouldn't use Yodel.

The thought of that poor dog with his legs broken by a Yodel parcel has made me feel sick!

bubblegurl252 Fri 13-May-16 14:08:24

That dog incident doesn't surprise me. I've had parcels/boxes chucked over my gate before. They have hit me, I'm just lucky they didn't hit the kids

slug Fri 13-May-16 14:36:44

I've always found Twitter good for kicking companies into replying. @AldiUK or, if you are in Ireland, @Aldi_Ireland

MadHattersWineParty Fri 13-May-16 14:39:31

See, I really think I should get a Twitter account as it seems the only way to lodge complaints that get picked up quickly these days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now